Official Mod Ideas Topic

It doesnt matter if you are a casual user or an advanced modder, if you have an idea for a mod then post it here so that active modders can gain insights and concepts for future mods! :computer: :video_game:

9 Likes

Mod Ideas-
DLCs and expansion packs for non MMO Games and add “updates” Which would increase sales

Games should stay on the market until you take it off. (But instead of having all the games on the side of the screen they shrink into a smaller tab and only tell you the name how much money they made that month) you would also control when to take them off the market

Also have stuff inside the time allocation if you don’t know what I mean here is an example. When your allocating how much time your putting in each development stage you have mini developments in the development stage. take world design for example you set your time allocation then a another one pops up and asks you three more stages inside world design. like Sky, Land, Water or even other things

Also Add RTSs and arcade to the game.

The ability to upgrade your building-
So iv always wanted to have more than four people working for me. So I came up with an idea to expand the building to add more offices. But it would take time to upgrade the building. Also in the last level building upgrade should go upstairs and have a separate work team to make more games or even combine and split the work in half to make the production go twice as fast. and have expansions in the garage to. And have multiple offices to choose from. For example you would have a box (like whats used for telling you game sales) that tells you all the offices for sale the bigger they are the more they cost but the more offices you get. To buy them though you place your price, and there would be a small chance that someone else would buy it and you wouldn’t get it.

Apps-
Apps should also be added they would take the same amount of time as small game (But you can only get it by researching it in the R@D lab. and it would get a higher score than a small game because if you have ever tried making a small game in year 34 its terrible)

Also you should have the ability to make fan items to sell to fans like shirts, sweatshirts, coffee mugs.

Topics-
Business owner
Game Editor(like what you use to make the games) which also should be added

Multi-Topics
Iv always wanted to make a fantasy medieval game.

Researches-
Multi-topic optimized
DLCs
Game difficulty
Updates
Pets or Animals(just a thought)

adjustable game prices for DLCs Expansion Packs and games there is a mod that has adjustable game prices (which would be cool if there was a pop up at the end of devolopment instead of a click tab) but you would be selling a $60 expansion pack (not DLC) which is really harsh.

And add more of those events that add Red Exploding barrels but instead of them just giving them to you have them give you a research to get them.

And your workers have happiness bar and if it goes down to 0 they leave but to keep the happiness bar up host parties and give them a bonus even give them a raise.

and it would be cool if it was Co-op Multiplayer and you ran your business together (you would start out in the garage together creating separate games then you would have the choice between different buildings instead the same one. And you could even help create the other persons games if you wanted to (but they would either have to pay you or give you researches or something like that) and eventually you could sell your part of the business to another player and start your own

And this is probably my favorite thing that could ever be put in a mod. so you guys all know those companies that make a sequel every year right. Well I this game mode idea it would be called The Sequels Sequel. It would make the game very different and it would take alot of work. so here is how it works you would choose any three topics to choose from and you only make sequels from them. but here is whats cool you research in-game features to add to you game say I chose Dwarf, I could research in game materiel for all the dwarf games I create to make the game better. For instance i could research better looking beards, Better looking walls, Better looking weapons, and they would increase its ratings. But if I created this mod (which there is no way that’s ever going to happen) i would add 3 topics in the beginning then update one more topic every update and if I chose three topics to add in the beginning it would be, Dwarf, Medieval, Military, or even Fantasy

It would also be cool to add randomly generated game names

And have your crew create a song and sell it for quick money and even use it in your games

And you should be able to send contract work out to help add design and technology points. And pause the production of the game if your workers need to go on vacation.

It would also be cool if you could make Headphones, Monitors, speakers, Microphones, your own console parts, controllers, mouses.

I thought this would be really cool if you could set the difficulty of the game your creating, into 10 Difficulties, Super easy, easy, moderate, hard, harder, insane, ultra insane, extreme, extra extreme, Ultra Extreme.! I do believe there is a mod that adds difficulty now.

Also add- the ability to devolep mod for games with mod support(you wouldn’t make money but you get more fans

6 Likes

I have loads of ideas for a GDT mod

1. Customer Complaints, Reviews.

2. New events

3. Custom Tablets and Mobiles - Design the casing, set the price, choose which hardware to use, announce it in an event.

4. New consoles

5. Choose how much money you can start with

6. Create your own console design - Choose the casing. hard drive capacities. accessories. etc

Become a Employee: See how long you can last as an employee of a well established company
I would like to implement these ideas in a Mod or help other mod projects out there

3 Likes

Platforms:
Valve steam machine
Xbox 720, A cheaper version of the next
Ubuntu computer/Steam OS (steam machine maybe?)
Zamzung Universe pen 3

Researches:
4K support
2K support (for smartphones coming 2014)
1080p support
720p support
460p support
360p support
240p support
144p support
Multi-display support
Rescale-able screen position
Real life physics
Real life graphics
Gadgets (like smartphones in GTA)
Smooth physics
4D graphics 1-7

Adding “special” features:
Free 2 Play game type, basically makes 10X the fans you make in a game
Fair, easy, normal, hard, extreme mode. Easier=more money. Harder=less fans
Pause game developing for a break
4, 5, 6X energy boost for your employee

If anyone is going to use any of these feel free to let me know :smile:

3 Likes

Isn’t that what MMOs are for???

I wanna say Camalot mod adds this? (Don’t quote me on it as I’m not familiar with what mod. :D)

Tweak Mod… :smiley: (I think)

Implemented in my mod (Futuristical Tech)

I’ll implement these. :smiley: (As I will need for 6D Engine… :D)

I too will have ideas later. :slight_smile: Anyways just thought I would put my input… :smiley:

Thanks!
~SlasherXT

2 Likes

Some ideas:
-More Character customization presets at the beginning of the game would be cool
-Prequels
-Ability to load into the game custom game cover art, which then gets the console name (perhaps on first console when multi platform) and the certificate etc…

3 Likes

Prequels? Explain?

1 Like

Well currently we can only create a sequel to the latest game in the series, but would if we could add the new game in at different points in a series for example:
You have a series of 3 games…
-d
-Game 1
-c
-Game 2
-b
-Game 3
-a
Currently we can only add games at a, so a sequel to the most recent game, but if we could also add games at b, c and even at d. Then we could fill in the gaps between them etc. Of course this would need to be helped by something that shows us a view of the series order, which could be included in the info and stats mod. Does that explain this concept better?

1 Like

I think we are all forgetting one thing that needs to be added to the game.

SEGA SATURN!!!

4 Likes

That is a great advert!

Idea
Make Y17 for example to year 2007

1 Like

I have added the NVidia Shield and Steam Machine to my mod, Achievements&Consoles

A few suggestions:

1. Platformer as a seventh game type. This might help to balance out Nintendo consoles a bit since platformers are traditionally one of the genres that really thrive there.

2. Concurrent game development. Meaning that you can have your staff working on more than one game at a time, depending on the size (perhaps up to 7 small games, up to 3 medium games, up to 2 large games).

3. Ability to set release date, especially in conjunction with the above. If you finish a number of games at the same time, you could stagger the release dates out a little.

4. Balancing the success of games if they’re smaller than ones you’ve made previously. I don’t know if it’s just me, but it seems like after you move up to medium games you get penalised for going back to small games. Same with large to medium/small, or AAA to anything else. It would be nice to be able to downgrade to smaller games and have the design/tech scores scaled to suit that.

5. Non-rounded review scores. This should be a fairly simple one, it would just be more realistic if review scores included decimal points and your “Metascore” could thus be something other than an increment of .25.

6. More reviewers. Possibly with a larger range of things they could say. I’d love to see the number of reviews bumped up slightly, too. 6, perhaps?

7. Game speed. Instead of altering the game length, how about being able to increase/decrease the speed at which time flows? Your team would still work at the same speed, but new consoles/events/etc. would happen more or less rapidly.

3 Likes

Thanks for the great ideas :smile:

I created Xbox 720 in my Moodd. I will release the latest version later where Xbox 720 exist.

EDIT: mBox 720*

1 Like

Opposite of sequels.
Example:
Game Dev Tycoon - prequel
Game Dev Tycoon 2 - game I’m talking about
Game Dev Tycoon 3 - sequel

He means being able to make prequels of a game in the series.

1 Like

If you do that the end score would look REALLY weird…
Hey! My GTA V has a 6.743! :smiley:

1 Like

Haha, yeah… I’d probably still suggest keeping it to two decimal points. Or even making it into a Metascore out of 100 (as a reference to Metacritic).

1 Like

Any mod ideas for my mod Moodd ([REL] Moodd v0.1.0b)?

1 Like

Idea:
Indie developer mod

Difference:

• Start off with hundreds of thousand $
  • start off at a selective date, like Y18, Y20, Y25
  • start off with a couple of researches
  • start off by making medium games

Rules:

• You can’t move to the next office
  • No monthly costs
  • Getting fans are much harder
  • To publish a game, you must publish a programs, like steam greenlight
  • To make potential fans, you must advertise your game on kickstarter

Additions:

• Garage design is up to date (if that’s possible)
  • The only way to loose money is by developing games the are bad and cost to make more than that
1 Like