If you could change/improve/add ONE thing in Game Dev Tycoon, what would it be?

If you could change/improve/add ONE thing in Game Dev Tycoon, what would it be?

I know you want to post a big list of things but here I’m asking you to decide on only one thing. Please try to keep the post short and to the point. Don’t post a wall of text. Don’t post twice. If you post a big list of things I will either delete or edit your post.

It’s best to post one short sentence/statement.

15 Likes

Extended features for the hardware lab.

16 Likes

Extend the “storyline”.

20 Likes

Add competition of other companies in game, rather than making yourself feel like the only game dev out there comparing yourself to ghost numbers.

53 Likes

The game is amazing as is already… but I feel there is something missing from end game (after Y30), though not quite sure what it could be… Just feels like something missing.

I guess perhaps put some sort of cloud extension into the game, thus allowing players to compare scores online versus their peers? I dunno…

9 Likes

Extended hardware lab. It’s just so sad, that i have this fully upgraded console and i can’t do more.

18 Likes

Have more workers and can allocate numerous workers to numerous tasks (eg. Gameplay and Engine at same time)

Edit: Can i change my answer? If so, i want the April fools expansion.

15 Likes

Feedback from the game why a game has flopped.

I hate getting my AAA Strategy Games with good slider combination and a good T/D Ratio thrashed by the reviews for reasons unknown.

55 Likes

Change: Ability to change story line span to as much as 80yrs. Maybe more. I don’t mind if it’s not realistic so long as the story doesn’t dry up immediately.

15 Likes

Multiplayer with additional features :smiley:

13 Likes

I would remove that thing where the percentage of categories (such as Graphics, Engine, AI…) shrinks when I’m developing a game if I put too much researched stuff on a category (such as Immersive story-telling, Advanced cutscenes, Skill tree…).

5 Likes

A way/screen to view stats about my engines. How old they are, how much games were developed with them etc…
Currently i help myself with a naming-convention for games to know when in my game-history an engine-switch took place. (So i can coordinate sequels better)

24 Likes

The sliders being such a black-box art form. Looking at the wiki, what I expect a game should have isn’t the same as what you think it should have. This is the single reason I was consistently making 3’s to 7’s and barely scraping by until I found the wiki.

9 Likes

more detailed reviews, instead of “Meh” or “Fun at stages”

30 Likes

Time passe too quickly, we can’t release our own console or make AAA games before the last gen.

27 Likes

A pause button.

So that, for instance, when my team of 6 finishes work on our latest game, I can send them all on vacation, look through Staff List and Game History (which is laborious, but I’m going to stick to a single suggestion here) to plot my next move, start my player character on a research task, give the Research Lab a new project…and not have all this take up a whole month of game-time (or longer, if I’m having trouble clicking just right on my employees or suchlike).

25 Likes

Official support for modding, so that I can make any change I want myself; so that we’ll have lots of mods keeping this game alive for years.

23 Likes

PR (public relations) employees, so you can interact with your fans more.

18 Likes

Right click and there’s a thing saying: View Custom Engines. You can see all the features that it has and all information.

13 Likes

An intuitive modding API - If you guys don’t have the time or resources to make something, the community probably can, and the game will have a longer shelf life.

12 Likes