Game Dev Tycoon 1.3.9 rolling out

Latest version:

• Windows: 1.3.9
  • Mac: 1.3.9
  • Linux: 1.3.9

For the latest information on updates please go to our change log page:

http://www.greenheartgames.com/game-dev-tycoon-changelog/

v1.3.9 09 May. 2013 (only released for native version)
- Fixed: DOM Exception errors because open file descriptors limit is reached. (Mac)
- Fixed: Game would crash when hiring a fifth female staff. (so sorry :/)
- Fixed: Staff list is not displayed correctly on Mac and Linux.
- Fixed: Feature selection doesn’t show up if engine name has a space before or after the name.
- Fixed: Engine development could result in negative remaining points left.
- Fixed: Saving late-game can cause a quota exceeded exception.
- Fixed: Game is still paused when exiting game history with ESC key.
- Improved: Removed delay between loading a level and loading the character from the hot-fix workaround in version 1.3.7+ (Mac and Linux)

To download the latest version you will have to re-use your original download link. If you cannot find the email containing this link anymore then please contact orders@fastspring.com

Once we can confirm that there are no unexpected issues with it we will enable update notifications for players using 1.3.8.

5 Likes

This topic is now pinned. It will appear at the top of its category until it is either unpinned by a moderator, or the Clear Pin button is pressed.

Is my savegame gonna be affected in any way by this update?

Thanks

save files are not affected. you should be safe.

Windows and Linux versions are slightly delayed. we just need to make some minor adjustments.

great! Thanks for fast-paced updates!

window 1.3.9 will fix white screen problem? D:

Could you please implement a way of releasing a game to multiple platforms at once?
I don’t know if it is later on in the game and already implemented, if it is then that’s awesome but if it isn’t i would love to see it in the future! :smiley:
-MEGA

2 Likes

^i agree for multiple platforms also i got bug with console

My console sold 8 mil,and game for it 20mil, just limit game sales to number of console sales (and improve console sales little lol). …

1 Like

will 1.3.9 fix the lag/ FPS drop in the third office in the Windows version.

yeah like fixing the white screen bug which means i havent been able to play for two weeks

^^^^^^^^ This is the biggest problem ^^^^^^^^

The 2 biggest problems are the lag/fps and the white screen

Will this fix the “can’t select menu items” bug in Linux?

So many updates and so quickly. So glad that I bought the game because your guys hard work seriously deserve it.

You have won a loyal customer. :smiley:

2 Likes

@Emaniel_Aenslan, @Jamdude1, @Fruit_Platter we haven’t been able to reproduce the white screen issue. If you can provide more info in your original topic, then hopefully we can find a solution quickly:

http://forum.greenheartgames.com/t/win-game-doesn-t-load-white-screen/430/36

I’m still getting a blank white screen come up when I open the game, even after downloading 1.3.9. I’ve closed most of my programs that are running, disabled my antivirus and stopped unnecessary tasks from running but I still get a white screen upon loading the game which doesn’t progress and doesn’t load the game. These are the tasks that are running:

I don’t know what could be causing the issue.

ping for the linux version?

I heard that they will be pushing out 1.4.0 for windows and mac versions of Game Dev Tycoon this weekend.

sorry, it’s delayed a bit. hopefully later today or tomorrow. it just takes us longer to test the linux version and we found a small issue that we need to fix in the packages which then requires re-testing. We will try to make this process faster with future updates.

1 Like