[Win] Game doesn't load - white screen

That was the VERY first thing I did and it never worked and still does not.

Having the same problem, anybody find a solution?

None so far I am getting fed up with not being able to play the game a week after I bought it

2 Likes

@bulldog2305 and others: how much RAM does your machine have? Have you tried updating your display drivers? Is the system generally up to date? - We are still unable to reproduce this problem :confused:

I found that, if I run a 3rd party program like “Virtu MVP” the game will start with a white screen. The only way to start the game without a white screen for myself was to close Virtu down.

I bring this up to inform you that other programs might cause this problem, look at the program(s) you are running and close the one(s) you do not need.

I have Nvidia, and Nvidia drivers come with a “Clean Install” check box option. Download the latest Nvidia drivers, tick that box and reinstall them. As for other drivers, you could download the “Guru3D - Driver Sweeper” and run the program. Please make sure you do not click the wrong drivers as this “could” harm your PC.

Safemode also only starts up with the most basic applications, so a program is conflicting with the game, this could be a virus program, or like I said, just a random 3rd party program you downloaded and is now running in the background.

Good luck everyone!

1 Like

Yes, the fact that Safe Mode seems to work for some, suggest some kind of interference from other apps.

this is my pc info.

rmypc.jpg [1,229x903px] ฝากรูป

the first time I install and play it work fine but after restart my PC I can’t play it anymore.(still can play in safe mode)

@Emaniel_Aenslan did you update your display drivers or made any other changes when this started to happen?

nope I didn’t update anything.

@gnor any suggestions how we could troubleshoot this problem? the machine should easily be able to run the game.

I’ve just updated to 1.39 which was meant to fix the white screen problem… AND GUESS WHAT! It doesn’t work. I’ve had this game for over a week and I have still yet to play the game. Méprisable

Nobody ever said 1.39 would fix the while screen issue, somebody asked, but patrick said that it wouldn’t as he can’t reproduce it.

When you say you are running as an administrator, did you mean your account is an admin account or you did the right click “Run as Administrator” on the exe. This issue does sound very much like the issue is to do with rights to the temporary directory…

Really the program would be better off extracting to c:\programdata\Game Dev Tycoon when running on Vista or above, this will get around any windows access rights problems which come from modifying files in program files, temp folders etc.

Well I’m sorry that my information wasn’t authentic. But i’m sure that the main priority should be to get the game with the immobile loading screen operational so that everyone can play. Thus one can understand the frustration after paying for a game and a week later sill not being able to amuse oneself.

we aim to provide a new build to those affected by this issue by tomorrow. I can’t promise that this new build will work (as I’ve said, we cannot reproduce the issue so) but it will be a next step and internal testing at least confirms that the new build runs faster.

i cant figure it out either…my buddy plays it all the time… but it will not load on my laptop just sits here on the white screen…

the only apps on my laptop is steam, skype and origin could there be interference from them?

yes it is up to date with 6gb of ram

also everything is up to date and i am running on 5 gb of ram

I don’t think large amounts of ram matters. Im using 6gb and have no issues. It does sound like a temp directory permissions issue as it seems like it’s trying to load but cant due to denied access.

OK so I’ve just finished completely formatting my SSD and reinstalling Windows 7 Home Premium x64 on it, disconnecting all my other drives, installing the new 1.3.9 version of Game Dev Tycoon and I still get the white screen showing up. It surely can’t be software interfering with it.