[Win] Game doesn't load - white screen

I bought your game and downloaded the Windows version, I’m running Windows 7, and when I clicked to load it the game shows that it is running but just shows a white screen. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled it and this is still happening. I don’t know whether I’ve done something wrong in the process of downloading/installing or if this is a genuine bug so I thought I’d bring it up anyway.

Many thanks

Harry

EDIT : The installer version that I used is “GameDevTycoon-132” in case that adds any extra info.

2 Likes

I have the same, i played once and everything was ok, now when i try to open, it just show me a white screen and loading… Win 7. any one know why?

1 Like

I have the same with the Windows 7 demo. Anyone know what the problem is?

I also have the same problem. I bought the game (Windows 7) and when I try to load, it just shows a white screen. I also have the demo, which had the same problem.

I just bought Game Dev Tycoon and it will not load, it goes white and wont load it also leaves DameDevTrcoon.exe running in my processes, I am also unable to uninstall in this state without restarting my computer.

I am Windows 7 duel monitors AMD, ATI.

I have tried disabling the other monitor no differance.
Any help would be great.

Could you try out the latest version and see if this still happens? It supposedly fixed a few bugs relating to loading the game.

http://forum.greenheartgames.com/t/native-version-v1-3-3-new-update-is-live-for-win-mac-linux-being-worked-on/1589

I have done so and it has not made a difference, it still loads up with a white screen.

I uninstalled the previouse version, I disabled my second monitor and restarted my computer. Then proceeded with a fresh install of 1.3.3 and then run the game only to be met with the same white screen.

Load up in safe mode. Uninstall and reinstall then load up normally and try playing. That fixed this problem for me.

Just bought the game and got the same problem. How do you load in safe mode so i can try that?

@Oh_Jay Thanks for that tip, fixed it for me :smiley:

Hi!

I just bought the game half an hour ago and I got the white screen. I payed for the game and would very much like to play it but it seems that I can’t.

I have completed the tips given, still doesn’t work.

Restart your PC and keep clicking F8 before the loading screen. You should be presented with the option to start your OS in safe mode (Safe Mode with Networking should allow you to browse the internet too if you get stuck). Then simply uninstall/reinstall and try playing - you can try running it in safe mode first to see if it works.

Worked in safe mode but after I swiched back to normal mode it still had the white screen.

@Flipflopflip Yeah I’ve just tried going on it the now and it’s a white screen again even though it worked last night and my laptop hasn’t even been turned off…

Currently my only way of playing is in Safe Mode which as you can imagine is not ideal.

I tried but doesn’t work sorry forgot to mention i have a laptop, HP pavilion G, Is there any other way?

I too use an HP Pavilion and I use F5 to bring up the menu I need and then F8 to expand it into the Safe Mode options. I had originally said to use F5 but a moderator changed it to say F8 as I assume that’s the default key for most non-HP systems.

Yep, that was me. F8 is the key to get into advanced startup options on most Windows machines. F5 seems to be an HP-only dialect.

If you have Windows 8, you can also ge to it through this: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-including-safe-mode

You can also try this if nothing else works in all recent versions of Windows: http://pcsupport.about.com/od/tipstricks/ht/smsysconfig.htm

I also have this problem and I have to play game in save mode too. = =

The safe mode trick works, I do not get any sound because of this however it does run. Its not ideal as it does make me dedicated to playing it due to safe mode and my Asus motherboard is bipolar on if it wants to allowed me to get into safe mode.

HP is F5 and Asus motherboards are too…untill It decides to do the same as if I was pressing F8 which is select a Boot drive…with out an option for safe mode. Sometime sit does ask what should it boot only to tell me it wants ot boot windows 7…and thats all. No options for safe mode. Then other times it just goes What boot…screw it you want windows 7. AND DOES IT FOR ME BEFORE I GET A CHANCE TO SELECT ANYTHING.

So yes its a BIT of a chore. At least it shows the game will run just what is on the back end of the game that the Devs need to fix I dont know.