Mac v 1.3.7 - Fix for most DOM exception crashes and retina display issues

Musquodoboit:~ ahay$ uname -a Darwin Musquodoboit.local 12.3.0 Darwin Kernel Version 12.3.0: Sun Jan 6 22:37:10 PST 2013; root:xnu-2050.22.13~1/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64

MacBook Pro (non-retina) mid-2012. OS X 10.8.3. What else do you need? I can send you the error report associated with the Apple Error given when I try to launch GDT?

Here is a workaround for the DOM exception and crash issue:

1. open a terminal window
  2. run ‘ulimit -n 1024’
  3. run your game from terminal: path.to.app/Contents/MacOS/node-webkit

After performing these steps, my issue was resolved (white screen on launch, then crash). Even if I launch it from Applications. What does the “ulimit -n 1024” command do? If I need to undo it’s effect, what would the command be?

Scratch that. Started happening again, even if I run ‘ulimit -n 1024’… Terminal error says:

[93853:0506/182834:ERROR:renderer_main.cc(203)] Running without renderer sandbox

Bus error: 10

Was able to play absolutely fine before hand and reached year 30 and I ensured I saved right before quitting. Have not been able to run the game since though and really don’t want to start all over again.

I’ve submitted my save files so hopefully they can be fixed.

The game always crash, I really don’t understand why !

@gnor can you please give more detailed instructions and explanations.

[quote=“gnor, post:44, topic:2583”]
path.to.app/Contents/MacOS/node-webkit
[/quote] It says no such file or directory exists for me…

After attempting this, I get Bus Error: 10 as well.

It raise the limit of the number of opening file descriptors from 256 to 1024. To change it back, run ‘ulimit -n 256’.

If you crash again, please increase it further to something like 10,000

please add support for mac v 10.6 +

Additional followup: I got to year 50 and the stuttering was unbearable, so I took a chance and restarted the game. It reloaded the game and as I had expected the stuttering was resolved!

We have got a few players reporting that it worked when they were not connected to a network. There might be a problem with our update check. We will also investigate this issue. I have just posted this here because maybe it helps some of you.

I cant even launch the game on OS x Lion…

works fine here on a MBP Ret 15"

we are working on another update which should fix the DOM exception errors for good. This might not be the only cause for crashes but it seems to be the most common. We will investigate other crashes once this is out.

http://forum.greenheartgames.com/t/new-version-1-3-9-rolling-out/3214