Mac v 1.3.7 - Fix for most DOM exception crashes and retina display issues

Hi, i’ve download the new update, 1.3.7 for mac, but i’ve still have the same problem than the 1.3.6. When I start the game, I’ve a white switching to grey screen and the game shoot down with apple error. I’ve tried to delete de cache folder, but I’m still have the problem.
I was using the 1.3.2 with no problem.
I’m on an iMac 9,1 with 10.8.3

I’m confused. Where exactly do I download v1.3.7?

Same problem here. game crashes directly at start up on macbook air 10.8.3

You got your Downloadlinks in the E-Mail after purchase.

I got to the start page, and then appears the name of my last company and “click to continue”. All right, i do it, and then the game crashes and i can’t continue from where i was before. I can create a new one, but i’m afraid of doing all that again (i was at year 15 or something) and the game crashes again in the future…

When trying to loan the game crashes and I get the following errors when I look in the Console:

WindowServer: CGXRegisterWindowWithSystemStatusBar: window f already
registered WindowServer: CGXGetConnectionProperty: Invalid connection

This happens every time I click to continue on the splash screen. I’ve tried deleting the cache folder entirely but this does not solve the issue. Any ideas?

WOW! You fixed it. I can now load all of my games from the past several days. I have been saving copies of my game save folders, and I can load all 3 of my old games! Great job Patrick!

BTW, I never saw any error messages, the game would simply exit previously.

1 Like

Crashing for me as well.

`May  5 15:41:29 Musquodoboit.local WindowServer[82]: CGXRegisterWindowWithSystemStatusBar: window 11 already registered
May  5 15:41:36 Musquodoboit.local WindowServer[82]: CGXGetConnectionProperty: Invalid connection 127851
May  5 15:41:36 --- last message repeated 2 times ---
May  5 15:41:36 Musquodoboit.local ReportCrash[22128]: Saved crash report for node-webkit Helper[22125] version 27.0.1430.0 (1430.0) to /Users/ahay/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/node-webkit Helper_2013-05-05-154136_Musquodoboit.crash`

**GDB Output**
Musquodoboit:Applications ahay$ gdb Game\ Dev\ Tycoon.app/
GNU gdb 6.3.50-20050815 (Apple version gdb-1705) (Fri Jul  1 10:50:06 UTC 2011)
Copyright 2004 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and you are
welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain conditions.
Type "show copying" to see the conditions.
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB.  Type "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-apple-darwin"...Reading symbols for shared libraries .... done

(gdb) ser env MallocScribble 1
Undefined command: "ser".  Try "help".
(gdb) set env MallocScribble 1
(gdb) r
Starting program: /Applications/Game Dev Tycoon.app/Contents/MacOS/node-webkit 

Full download of crash log here: http://pastebin.com/cXVm2N1a

1 Like

it seems that i do have to delete the Cache every single time

thanks for reporting. I remember you said that it worked sometimes without deleting the cache? in any case, we will investigate

@juan what OS version are you using? You will need Mac OS 10.7+. Can you give us some more info about your system?

@andrewsmhay @Scott_Smedley were you able to play the game at all on your system or does this happen when trying to load a saved game? If the latter can you please send us the save file to support@greenheartgames.com

I had played it all day yesterday and today. Now, the app crashes immediately after I click at the “click to continue” splash screen.

Moving/deleting the file__0.localstorage and file__0.localstorage-journal files

I’ll send the save files in.

Temporary fix:

1. Open your terminal
  2. Run

$ mkdir ~/Library/Application\ Support/Game\ Dev\ Tycoon/Local\ Storage/tmp

1. Then move the sqlite files out of the main directory (these are your save games)

$ mv ~/Library/Application\ Support/Game\ Dev\ Tycoon/Local\ Storage/file* tmp

1. You should then be able to start the application (though you will start back at the beginning, at least you’ll be able to play again)

Just downloaded the game, as soon as I open it there’s a gray screen, and within a second it quits unexpectedly. Running 10.7.2.

@andrewsmhay I tested your files and can only reproduce the problem if I don’t delete the Cache folder first. What machine do you use?

Musquodoboit:~ ahay$ uname -a Darwin Musquodoboit.local 12.3.0 Darwin Kernel Version 12.3.0: Sun Jan 6 22:37:10 PST 2013; root:xnu-2050.22.13~1/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64

MacBook Pro (non-retina) mid-2012. OS X 10.8.3. What else do you need? I can send you the error report associated with the Apple Error given when I try to launch GDT?

Here is a workaround for the DOM exception and crash issue:

1. open a terminal window
  2. run ‘ulimit -n 1024’
  3. run your game from terminal: path.to.app/Contents/MacOS/node-webkit