Mac v 1.3.7 - Fix for most DOM exception crashes and retina display issues

I have uploaded the new version. Please download from your original download link. If you don’t have it anymore contact orders@fastspring.com

If you still see the DOM error after updating, please try to delete the Cache folder (the entire Cache folder, not just the containing files)

~/Library/Application Support/Game Dev Tycoon/Cache

This version should also support retina displays.

Please let us know if it works or if it doesn’t work. In case that it doesn’t work, tell us the error message.

1 Like

This topic is now pinned. It will appear at the top of its category until it is either unpinned by a moderator, or the Clear Pin button is pressed.

Sorry, I had hit send on my original post before seeing this.

Downloaded 1.3.7
Deleted cache folder.
Game starts, goes into the initial screen, still not in full screen on my Macbook Pro with Retina on "scaled for maximum space"
Once I click and it starts loading the game crashes.

yes, please send the file to support@greenheartgames.com - what mac do you use? we tested the retina on a 13" mac book pro with retina screen.

also, can you just double check that are in fact running 1.3.7?

I sent the file over. I hope I attached the right one.
This is a MacBookPro10,1 (so basically 15" with Retina) running in “scaled” mode NOT retina resolution.
I think that means the display emulates 2880x1800.

I checked the version info on the file it identifies as 1.3.7 and I started it directly. Hope that helps

@dmalloc sadly, I can’t reproduce this with v1.3.7 - seems to run fine on my test machines.

Well I think I might have found what fixed it for me.
I know this makes no sense, but the game is now running.

Previously I deleted the contents of the cache folder, not the folder itself. I deleted the cache folded, reloaded the game and all of a sudden it is full screen and running. Excellent job, thank you for being so patient.

1 Like

I moved 2 posts to a new topic: [Mac] Crash when saving. Quota exceeded.

Oh! I see, I just so obsess with money after several bankruptcy at level 2…

It works! Thank you very much.

1 Like

It’s working for me now too. Thanks!

1 Like

You have to delete the cache folder before every single time you launch the game or it won’t work - atleast for my computer… That’s pretty inconvenient

are you sure about this? We have tested running the game multiple times and it should just work in subsequent starts.

could someone else confirm this behavior as well?

I’ve installed 1.3.7, cleared the cache but still getting this error:

“Uncaught error. Please report this to support@greenheartgames.com:
Uncaught Error: InvalidStateError: DOM Exception 11
(file:///Applications/Game%20Dev%20Tycoon.app/Contents/Resources/app.nw/compressed/codeNw.js:1364)”

@nickomahoney
I can reproduce this issue. There is a workaround: After starting the app and while the splash screen is still showing click and press ESC before releasing the mousebutton. Then load your game. This should work. For some reason the crash happens when first loading the auto-save and then loading the 2nd slot.

We will investigate.

1 Like

Worked for me.

The first start crashed again (after deleting the cache folder)

The second start went perfectly fine.

Thank you

1 Like

Still doesn’t work work for me. I played this game … O times !
I’m happy wasting my money like that.
maybe one day the problem will be fixed and i’ll play with this game… if i’m not dead

v 1.3.7 works fine on my Mac OS X 10.7.5
Macbook Air Mid 2011.
Had startup issues with v 1.3.5 after a game I saved in yr 42. But now with the update it´s fixed.
Thanks a lot!

Still have not been able to get into the game even once. Bough the game, downloaded 1.3.6, installed, launched, got a fullscreen white screen, then crashes with apple error “Game Dev Tycoon quit unexpectedly”. Downloaded 1.3.7 this morning, removed 1.3.6 including all folders, installed 1.3.7, same issue… Seriously?