Game Dev Tycoon 1.3.9 rolling out

/me adds more logs to fire to help speed up Linux release.

seems to work! uploading now :slight_smile:

Sweet! running. :slight_smile:

Btw Iā€™m using Gentoo linux, which needs a symlink for libudev.so to run.

Hi, I cant update my Game Dev Tycoon Because i never got the link for it, it just downloaded onto my laptop. Thanks For The Help

as mentioned in the original post, if you cannot find your email, please contact orders@fastspring.com

still have the bug one windows 7 where the game will only load in safe mode meaning no sound. whenever i try to start up the game in normal windows 7 mode it just gives me a white screen or just the loading screen it never fully loads.

Hey is this windows 8 I only have xp :\

Runs this version better than the previous one? (fps issue)

not in this update but we are investigating the issue. if you want to try a test build please email support@greenheartgames.com and quote your order number.

I have already sent an email yesterday, but i donā€™t know if i have quoted the right number. Does the order number have this layout?: GRE######-####-#####

Can you try right-clicking on the game and selecting ā€œRun as Administratorā€, and see if it runs?

If it does run, try installing the game into a directory where you have full read and write privileges. For example, I usually install games onto somewhere other than Program Files (usually C:\Games - yeah, Iā€™m a little oldskool) which has all user write permissions. The game runs fine on Windows 7 on my end.

Also, you might also want to check out where the temp folder is on your machine and make sure itā€™s writable and readable by all accounts.

1 Like

HOLY CRAP! This worked! After trying so many things, this finally worked! Thank you so much!

I just bought the game today. Try to install it (Debian 6 Squeeze 64 Bit) and failsā€¦
gconf-service needed. In the repos isnā€™t such a package :frowning:

@goddessprayer http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=gconf

And what does this mean?

you need to install gconf, which should be installed automagically if youā€™re running a GUI version of debian.
(part of the default GNOME desktop)

if not, use this link. :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

gconf is already installed! gconf-services does NOT exist in Squeeze - only in wheezy!

Nice. Played the demo, loved it, bought the game. Keep up the good work!

Found a nasty bug on Mac OS X 10.8.3 with this version 1.3.9. If I hit ESC key and try to toggle the fullscreen off it sometimes does not resize the inner window correctly and freezes with a partial smaller section of the previous settings screen. I can no longer do anything within the game and I have to force quit the game. After the force quit the game save files are corrupted and you have to start over again. But first I have to delete the entire Game Dev Tycoon folder from Applications Support.

Hmm @PatrickKlug this seems significant since it worked for @kfreed21 is there a place to put this tip in the troubleshooting for the Windows version?