Game Dev Tycoon 1.3.9 rolling out

Actually, I consider this a temporary solution. The permanent solution would be to install the game somewhere that the user has write privileges.

Another thing you can try to make this change permanent is to try opening a command prompt and issue this command:

cacls c:\program files\greenheart games /T /E /G Everyone:C

You may need to do that in a administrative rights command prompt in the first place- go to accessories -> command prompt, but instead of just clicking on it, right click and select run as administrator instead.

This should instruct windows to alter the permissions of the Greenheart games folder so that it has write permissions for all users. I played a few RPGs in the past that required me to do that in order to have them run properly when in limited user mode.

Btw, a few comments on the 1.3.9:

1. Linux version: occasionally the screen will freeze, but clicking anywhere to bring up the menu will unfreeze the screen for a few seconds. This seems to randomly repeat and occur. Running the 64-bit version on Ubuntu 64-bit, NVidia video drivers with SLI AFR mode. This actually happens on earlier versions of the game as well.
  2. Windows version: unbearable slowdown with full 7 staff office and creating AAA games using all the best technologies. Running on 64-bit Windows 7, laptop machine, ATI video driver with crossfire AFR enabled (it’s a gaming laptop with AMD Dual Graphics)
1 Like

@gnor any idea how we could prevent this?

@RAMChYLD thanks for the tip and thanks to @kfreed21 for confirming that this worked around the issue. (@gnor any idea why we need write permission on that folder?)

In the meanwhile I will compile a better trouble shooting guide at

http://www.greenheartgames.com/support/

Thing is, it shouldn’t unless you are running in limited user mode. I suspect that the user permission for that user might have been munged up somehow.

Nightfire, have you checked your PC for worms or malware? I’ve seen nasty malware that removes user rights to write to certain folders even if the user is an administrator user, likely to make it harder for the user to remove said malware.

Hello,I enjoyed your game so much and I just wanted to say that I think you should continue with the Dev. Tycoon series…maybe you should make a Movie Dev. Tycoon or something similar.Keep up the good work and good luck! :wink:

I would be completely happy and donate so much money if they made a TV Simulator Tycoon, that would be amazing.

I have searched all my emails but I can’t find the email I got when I bought the game. It might be possible that I deleted it by accident. Is there anyway for me to get a new one? Sorry for being a pain!

As PatrickKlug says: Contact orders@fastspring.com

I moved a post to a new topic: Save game for players who want to cheat