[WIP] GDTMP - Multiplayer Mod [Client 0.5.11, Server 1.5.5.0] (Now in 10 languages!)

Oh, and my translation files disappeared when I wiped my hardrive by a mistake… sorry!

That sounds really bloody weird, doesn’t it?

and for some reason, when i restart my server, i can’t connect??

@Stian Aw, shoot, that sucks :frowning: It’s always annoying to lose work you’ve done. Don’t worry though.

@KizzaGaming It could be that you’re restarting too quickly, try waiting 30 seconds or so. Does the server display any errors? By “can’t connect” do you mean that the game says “can’t connect to server”?

2 Likes

Nexus throws some random error at me, could you upload a mirror somewhere?

If you check the description of the file, above the download link on Nexus, there is a MediaFire mirror.

yeah, game says i can’t connect, but when i load up the console interface, it works fine

1 Like

Why are people changing their avatars to letters?!!!?

It’s soo confusing!!!

@Darkly with the api thing, would it be possible to pull info from the server, like who is a OP

Nope, not without the server supporting that. Which can be made possible with plugins for it, but we’ll see if that can be added in the future because they’re not as simple as the API. (Funny, @Stian also revived the old plugin idea recently :P)

I am the only one with a Gravitar avatar left aren’t I? I’m not a hipster anymore? :frowning:

4 Likes

looks like you are the only gravitar avatar. Im sorry (What is Hipster?)

Hipster is that thing where you try to be cool before whatever it is you’re doing (watching, listening, wearing, etc.), actually becomes cool.

@Darkly would it be possible for someone else to make a new server app which is separate to the official one, with plugin support or extra functionality/options? and if they did would it still support the same mod or would the JS of the client mod need tweaking as well?

it actually is, i’ve recently modified a bit of the code for an extra command.

1 Like

@Rex0099 Yeah, you could modify the server source code which you can download here

@tmch Wow, you found your way around it? :stuck_out_tongue: I’m probably going to add comments and optimize the code later so it can be more readable and easier to modify.

2 Likes

He’s a wizard like you. Of course he can. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

:cake: awards:

1. @LineLiar

@Rex0099 To clarify, extra features in the server will require players to use client mods that utilize the GDTMP API if the features send commands to the client.

1 Like

@Darkly @Rex0099

I’ve been tinkering with the source code and modified it to do… well… scripting with javascript
It’s very basic though. It does not allow you to put in a file to run, as it is currently ran inside the code, but it adds an object, which is simply the ‘dmultiplayersrv’ class itself :stuck_out_tongue:

For example, someone could run the following code.

Server.Log(“meow”);

which will show ‘meow’ in the console, or

Server.Kick(1, “You’re kicked!”, “The player has been kicked.”);

to kick id 1 with a reason applied to it.

:slight_smile: