[WIP] GDTMP - Multiplayer Mod [Client 0.5.11, Server 1.5.5.0] (Now in 10 languages!)

Hm, yeah, some people seem to experience this… now that I think about it, downloads stopping at the end and error messages such as “the archive is either in an unknown format or damaged” is sometimes caused by antivirus software picking them up as false positives. Still, VirusTotal doesn’t report any

If you temporarily disable your antivirus, are you able to download the server? I promise it’s safe :stuck_out_tongue:

Trying to make another GDTMP video… maybe I should have used an encoder for those 11 minutes instead of recording uncompressed video…

I need to know why is my server saying 1st of that the server cant find my ip and seccond why is it saying that the path is invalid or something

it cant find my public ip, i think its port forward but i dont know.

EDIT: i tried again, now it’s just telling me my local ip and not my public one.

Browsers are also a factor. I was getting the “the archive is either in an unknown format or damaged” in Firefox, but when I tried Chrome it downloaded successfully. Also I didn’t have any problems with Internet Explorer.

I don’t know how to make a server, could someone either A) Tell me how to make a server, or B) Create a server so that I may play online

That is an issue with the data server, not the server software you downloaded. I’ll fix it soon.

There are instructions in the first post, above the download link.

[Fix] Download Issues in Chrome

This is a temporary solution, and I would recommend performing the steps in reverse after you have acquired the download, it’s generally safer browsing that way!

CHROME ONLY: Turn off phishing and malware detection

1. Click the Chrome menu Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.

2. Select Settings.

3. Click Show advanced settings and find the “Privacy” section.

4. Deselect the “Enable phishing and malware protection” tick box.
    Note: When you turn off these warnings you also turn off other malware and phishing alerts.

5. Download GDTMP Server x.x.x.x.zip

6. Turn phishing and malware detection back on.

This worked for me, hopefully it helps someone else out too!

Finally off to play some GDTMP!

1 Like

Please fix this bug. It happened while someone made a co-dev I accepted it
he get out of the server and for some reason i’m stuck can’t do anything, please view the link below for the image
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/595914029737182583/F37CC6C916279CEC9CD0F61CFEEDD6844B0F42E6/

Can i quit the current task that im in?

If you save, restart the game then load your save it continues normally in most cases.

Does anyone know if GDTMP works with other mods like the platform randomizer, the competitor mod, and the advanced statistics mod? Do both parties have to have the mod, or just the host?

It depends on what you mean by “works”. It should be compatible with most other mods whether only one or multiple players have them enabled, but other than announcing that someone has gotten this custom research or used that custom topic etc., and with the exception of the mods listed in the first topic, there is no multiplayer interaction with the features of those mods. For example, competitors aren’t synchronized across players who use CompetitorMod.

Thank you for the quick response.

@Darkly sadly it didn’t work well because I saved after the bug happen, so when i load the game everytime with same bug

I should have made a backup to the game before it happens

Hold on, I think I can find a way to fix it pretty quick. And I’ll check out the bug later.

@newmen92 If time still flows, do this:

1. Close GDT, and open the file package.json in the main GDT folder with a text editor like Notepad
  2. Where it says “toolbar”:false, change it to “toolbar”:true and save the file
  3. Open GDT, load the save, and click the three horizontal bars in the top right corner of the window
  4. Click the “console” tab in the window that opens
  5. Type GameManager.finishContract();VisualsManager.gameStatusBar.finishContract(); in the small bar at the bottom of the window and press enter
  6. It should work now. Go to the package.json file and change “toolbar”:trueback to “toolbar”:false

Btw, I found the bug and have it fixed along with a bunch of other bugs in 0.5.3 (tomorrow hopefully).

1 Like

@Darkly Thanks man your the best guy on the world much love and respect for you. (it worked finally my save file is saved :smiley:)

1 Like

You’re welcome, glad it worked! :smiley:

New video:

Can you find the editing mistake and the two bugs? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

time used advanced spying: Undefined

2 Likes

@Andy_Vanderpal I’ve linked to your instructions from the download page :slight_smile:

2 Likes