[WIP] GDTMP - Multiplayer Mod [Client 0.5.11, Server 1.5.5.0] (Now in 10 languages!)

@cursantRus What do you mean

Idea !
Add please, at the left below to information on players.
Their year, month.

Above at the left create a window, to see that the player (co-op) sells

Whether it is possible to enter the window showing Top 3 a genre

Example
player 2 - strategy
player 1 - simulation
player 3 - casual

player all (online)!!!

That players didn’t create identical genres

Update scrin idea2
http://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/9805/16535761.56/0_8b412_3700fb72_orig

That’s planned for 0.5.0, there will be a window that tells you more details about a player than is visible in the lower left corner right now (such as current week, research points, games created, most used genres, mod list etc.)

Great idea, I might even put this in the next version (0.4.0) if it doesn’t take too long :slight_smile:

I’ll think about that, I don’t want to clutter the entire screen with multiplayer boxes but I might put it in a seperate window where you can see stats for all players combined.

1 Like

And when approximately to expect the following updating?
May?

Reduce a window, sales of the third-party user a little.
That 4-6 players found room
To do to Not Nadeau windows in that size that on my picture.
I only as an example made in paint-)

The problem is that I don’t know how much time I will have to work on the mod, but 0.4.0 will hopefully be released by the middle of April, and 0.5.0 (the final major update) will probably come out in May.

And yes, the windows for other players’ sales won’t be as big as in the example.

1 Like

Whether date of each player will be shown?
player 2 - 3year 2month 3week
player 1 - 15year 3month 1week
? ? ?

Whether Ping will be displayed?

The date will be shown in a “details” window like I said before.
I don’t think I’ll add a ping feature though, at least not automatically, because it’s not very important. It won’t make much of a difference in GDT, because unlike action games there isn’t a big world and there aren’t many things that happen at the same time. Maybe I’ll add a command version, such as “/ping [player]”.

2 Likes

It’s not beautiful, but it works.

6 Likes

It’s beautiful.

3 Likes

I think he meant to say

3 Likes

There I improved it.

4 Likes

Mmmm…Cake :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake:

3 Likes

I dislike the tears things, but damn… I want that cake.

2 Likes

They’re rain drops!
I wasn’t gonna waste a lot of time with the picture anyways lol. I just thought putting the cake there by itself was a little too lazy.

1 Like

This is the planned (not final) changelog for 0.4.0 which I’ll try to release next week. The next client update is not very large compared to 0.3.0, but it adds a few significant features, and the server will of course include the new GUI.

• Compete against other players’ review scores! (If the server allows it)
  • Server browser!
  • Translation support, Swedish translation is included
  • See how well other players’ games sell (only a message for now)
  • Added achievements: Licence Money/Console Popularity/Console Master (sell 5/10/20 console licences)
  • Added command: “/tellre (message)” - private message the player you last sent a message to
  • Added command: “/help” - shows list of client commands
  • Added command: “/settings” - shows server settings
  • A message now shows up when someone gets kicked
  • You can’t chat if you aren’t connected to a server anymore
  • Better mod detection
  • Safer function hacking
  • Compatibility with server 1.4.0.1

• Added optional GUI! (GDTMP Server.exe)
  • Server browser support!
  • Score competiton support!
  • New setting that determines whether review competing is enabled, requires time sync: “set reviewbattle (true|false)” in the console, found in the settings window in the GUI, defaults to false
  • New setting that determines whether your server is added to the browser: “set srvbrowser (true|false)” in the console, found in the settings window in the GUI, defaults to false
  • New setting for server browser description: “set description (message)” in the console, found in the settings window in the GUI
  • Added console command "playerinfo ", shows more info about a player than is shown in the general “players” command
  • Added “invalid syntax” message if the parameters are invalid
  • “op”, “opip”, “deop”, and “deopip” now require the “extended operator privileges” setting enabled to be used in-game (see “set help”)
  • Changed a few messages
  • Safer connections
  • Safer number processing
  • Removed “addtolist” and “rmfromlist” commands
  • Fixed double players
  • Fixed being able to op IPs even though permaopip is set to false
  • REQUIRES CLIENT 0.4.0 OR LATER

Edit: Also, here's the finished server browser (no, that green thing in the top right corner is not an upcoming feature):

3 Likes

The update looks great

1 Like

What’s the green thing in the corner then if it’s not an upcoming feature?

1 Like

Just a test mod that shows the total efficiency of the company (in the picture it’s at 96%). I don’t know why I haven’t turned it off :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Give it to me! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Some stats:

• We’ve almost reached 14000 downloads in total!
  • Over 9000 on Nexus
  • 4900 from Mediafire mirrors
  • Surprisingly in comparison with the download count, the download link on this forum has only been clicked 3338 times
  • Since 21 February 2014 Game Dev Tycoon has been started 44973 times with this mod enabled!
  • 9056 unique IPs have used this mod since then (no, I don’t save your IPs)
  • The peak amount of unique players in one day is 699
  • Since 21 February 2014 10500 servers have been started
  • 3843 unique IPs have been used as servers since then (again, I don’t save your IPs)
  • The server list has been accessed 8416 times since then

I’ve probably said this before, but while this isn’t a record breaker (didn’t DzjengisKhan’s expansion pack have like 12K+ downloads just from this forum?) I’m still amazed by these stats and I’m very happy that you people are looking forward to the updates :smiley:

@LineLiar I suppose I could upload it. It can't break your save but it might be buggy because it's the first mod I made. http://www.mediafire.com/download/jz4yvxbh59mw4jz/staffmeter.zip
5 Likes