[WIP] GDTMP - Multiplayer Mod [Client 0.5.11, Server 1.5.5.0] (Now in 10 languages!)

Nvidia or amd person? :smiley:

GPU is pretty much a graphic card rightā€¦? Rightā€¦?

1 Like

A GPU is a video card (graphics card). So yes, youā€™re correct.

What kind of GPU do you have?

@Killertoad I used to prefer Nvidia because of CUDA, for video editing and Blender. Iā€™ve heard that AMD have stepped up their game and offer the same GPGPU output now though, and you get some nice performance for the money too so Iā€™m not sure. How about you? (Iā€™m not very informed about the differences in the recent cards :P)

@XxGamingTownxX A Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT from a friendā€™s old computer. I upgraded from a 9000 series ATI just three years ago because I didnā€™t have a lot of money back then (and I still donā€™t like spending too much on a computer).

1 Like

Iā€™m leaning toward more Nvidia now (used to be AMD fanboy), Nvidia wonā€™t take Mantle (The new and better Directx) so I assume they are working on a bigger and better one maybe? And also, Nvidia has shadowplay (By far, the best recorder ever).

1 Like

Although, AMDā€™s high end cards, are extremely overpriced right now, because of the Bitcoin mining (AMDā€™s card are the best for that), like the prices for the r9 290ā€™s are 600-700 dollars, when they debuted at 550. Lol. And the 780 is cheaper than the 290/290x and also faster :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Donā€™t Mantle and DirectX 12 give the same advantages though? Maybe thatā€™s why they havenā€™t shown anything yet. Even if they are working on something they are a bit late to the party unless they donā€™t mind an API war.

PhysX is another reason I kind of-ish prefer Nvidia, but the problem is there are barely any games that use it :frowning:

1 Like

I have a GeForce 8600 GT and it really sucks XD It gets the job done with little games, but along with my vram of 512MB and 2GB ram itā€™s really bad lol.

1 Like

They are about the same, but Nvidia is set to launch their desktop 8xx series, with maxwell on it, maybe they will debut it then? (maybe thats why the 8xx series is taking so long to come out?) lol. And yeah, I donā€™t think Physx really took off like they thought it would, only a handful use it. But Iā€™m building a new pc, and really hoping the 8xx comes out soon, because either way, itā€™ll benefit me, either the 7xxā€™s will go down in price (Iā€™m getting two 780ā€™s, and thats $1200 together :open_mouth: ) or the 8xx will just blow away every other card. Lol. I love computers, and this stuff fascinates me. Iā€™m glad someone else here knows a bit about hardware :smiley:

1 Like

Lol, if you have 60 bucks to spare, you can get a ā€œokayā€ video card, thatā€™ll run most games on low-med.

I got a laptop though XD

Ohhh you got a 8600m xD well, looks like youā€™re outta luck for now :b

2 Likes

Yeahā€¦ But I got a planned build for $500 :stuck_out_tongue: GTX 750 ti :smiley:

You can get a r7 260x for 50ish dollars cheaper, and itā€™s about the same speed. Or get the new r7 265 for $200 dollars, and itā€™s faster than the 750 Ti :b

Edit: Woops, sorry for getting off subject Darky. Lol

1 Like

Iā€™m getting my 750 ti for $150.

3 Likes

Where? And what brand?

1 Like

Zotac from Amazon.

Hereā€™s my PCPartPicker list: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/XxGamingTownxX/saved/41lJ

Nice :smiley: you can get, ehh, 40+ FPS on BF4 at high/ultra.

1 Like

Yeah, which as long as I can play any game on any setting with 30+ FPS Iā€™m fine. The high/ultra is just better :3

2 Likes