[WIP] GDTMP - Multiplayer Mod [Client 0.5.11, Server 1.5.5.0] (Now in 10 languages!)

Would it be too hard (maybe even impossible) to force a new game file for each server? Like, have it where the server saves the game files for each person?

Server-side save files? That’s very possible, and I could add that as an option in the future if you want it :wink:

3 Likes

But could you force it onto the client? Like make them use that one file?

Yes, I can add a server option that forces the clients to use that file… unless someone mods my mod (modception!) to use another save file.

1 Like

Would you work after this version on the first Beta-build?

Yep! I’ll keep adding features in what I call the beta phase, but it will also be a bit more focused on bug fixing and user friendliness.

[size=30]Here you go![/size] Once again, expect a lot of bugs.
http://www.nexusmods.com/gamedevtycoon/mods/8/

Client 0.3.0 (The Fix What’s Not Broken Update)

• Time synchronization… kind of (if the server allows it)
  • Added achievements: “Anomalous Materials”, “Sapped”, and “My Faith In The Dagger”
  • If you asassinate someone and get caught, your CEO will be replaced by one of your employees
  • If you asassinate someone and get caught, and you don’t have any employees, your company is dead!
  • “/tell [company/player] [message]” client command (private message)
  • “/mute [company/player]” client command (muting messages)
  • “/unmute [company/player]” client command (unmuting messages)
  • Added player list indicators
  • Added player list left/right padding
  • Other players’ custom consoles now go away from your list when they get taken off the market
  • New server setting sets whether consoles developed by other players will be available even when they are offline
  • New server setting sets whether consoles developed by other players will be available before the release date is reached
  • Automatic update checking (every 30 minutes)
  • Added server version check
  • The bottom of the screen is now slightly less cluttered
  • More death causes
  • Better version checking
  • Better code organization, shouldn’t conflict with other mods
  • Slightly changed the way advanced spying data is sent
  • Fixed not being able to join a server when starting a new game
  • Fixed competitors not showing up right away when joining a server
  • Fixed advanced spying discovery not showing
  • Compatibility with server 1.3.0.0
  • Probably a few other minor changes I forgot I made

Server 1.3.0.0

• Time synchronization support (use “set timesync true” to enable)
  • Now automatically checks IP on startup
  • Added “addtolist” command (request adding your IP to the server list)
  • Added “rmfromlist” command (request removing your IP from the server list)
  • Added “myip” command (get IP)
  • Added “privmsg (playerid) (message)” command (private message)
  • New setting “set syncconcoles (true|false)”, sets whether consoles developed by other players will be available before the original release date, defaults to true
  • New setting “set offlineconsoles (true|false)”, sets whether consoles developed by other players will be available even when they are offline, defaults to false
  • New setting “set extendedopprivs (true|false)”, sets whether ops have access to the more dangerous commands: “addtolist” “exit”, “myip”, “rmfromlist”, “set”, “site”, defaults to false
  • New setting “set port (1-65535)”, sets the port the server runs on, defaults to 3966, requires restart
  • If the port is taken on startup, use another port automatically
  • Added handler for /tell client command
  • Automatic update checking (every 30 minutes)
  • Does not send targeted data to everyone anymore
  • Changed some messages
  • Fixed a tiny bug in the “players” command when no players were connected
  • Fixed update checking
  • Attempted to fix a crash triggered when recieving data
  • Attempted to fix error when using the “X” button on the window to exit
  • REQUIRES CLIENT 0.3.0 OR LATER
5 Likes

We tried to test 0.3.0, but we can’t save a game and can’t exit GDT. :frowning:
GDT says “Saving…”, but nothing happens. It doesn’t matter if we use an empty save slot or try to save to an used one.

1 Like

• Fixed not being able to save

Download: http://www.nexusmods.com/gamedevtycoon/mods/8/

Edit: By the way, we’ve reached 3500 downloads! That’s not much compared to certain other mods, but still way more than I expected. You guys are awesome :wink: (that crazy amount of downloads is probably because of all the updates too though) xD

3 Likes

Thanks for your fast update! :slight_smile: We can save now.

But we have another problem: When we create a new company and connect to the server, we get a javascript error. This error pops up every week until we exit GDT and load the savegame. Then the pop up is gone.

1 Like

I will look into that. For now, disable GDTMP (and restart), create a new save, re-enable GDTMP (restart again), and play the save you created. I don’t want to update the mod every time someone finds a bug, but if you and hopefully other people keep reporting bugs I’ll release a bug fix update in the coming 1-2 days. :wink:

Ok this works, thanks for your work! :smiley:

Edit: Timesync seems to be buggy. There is no time (Y M W) saved in a savegame. And the game stops and does not restart as soon as a player opens a menu. So we disabled timesync and sync the game ourselves every two years. ^^

Hmmm I can’t reproduce that :confused:

How do you mean? It’s supposed to pause when you enter a menu/dialog and resume when you close it, which works perfectly fine for me.

Trading RP/Money seems not to work? I tried to trade 20 RP against 400.000cr with another player, but they other player didn’t receive any dialog or something.

Fixed in my private build. Thanks for reporting all these bugs, there will surely be a bug fix update in 1-2 days!

3 Likes

(How do I quote here? :smile:)

Timesync problem: I think I didn’t explain it propely, so here I try again.
The server runs on my pc. My friends and me connect to the server and start to play, all works fine. But if one of us presses Esc and saves the game, there is no time (Y M W) in the savegame and the game stops. We can’t continue to play, even if we restart GDT and load the savegame.

((You can quote by something! and then clicking “Quote Reply”))
!I Just have no idea how it is called. You know that action when You want to copy something, You need to something and then click right mouse key and click and click and click “copy”.
lol…

PS. @Darkly Congrats on most downloaded mod on Nexus!

1 Like

@Darkly when i finish researched something i get an id of null error

EDIT:@Darkly Also when i clicked develop new game i get a cannot read property name of null

@brudertack82 I still can’t reproduce that, but I’ll try finding the cause.

@brudertack82 @Haxor Is “select” the word you’re looking for? :stuck_out_tongue:

@A_Random_Guy I’ll fix that.

Yes!
Exactly, Thanks :smiley:

1 Like