[WIP] GDTMP - Multiplayer Mod [Client 0.5.11, Server 1.5.5.0] (Now in 10 languages!)

Fixed that too :slight_smile:

@brudertack82 I think I’ve fixed the time sync bug. If you want to, you can join my test server at srv.gdtmp.tk so we can find out for sure.

My brother and me connected to your server, saved the game, loaded it again and all worked fine. :smiley:

1 Like

Would you mind telling me what you researched when you got the error? 'cause I never get any errors when researching stuff.

Well my mods are dzjengishkhan espansion pack,console lol,camelot,ultimate lib,info and status and cheatmod,multiplayer

When i get/started research/finish research i got the id error
Maybe tha other mod make the research error i will try to decrease my mods ASAP :wink:

1 Like

@Darkly If you did make the server save all save games and files server side, and make it force that file on them, with that, in theory, it should be hard to hack, correct?

No, it would still be easy to hack. It’s impossible to make the game hackproof without moving pretty much the entire game/logic processing to the server (very complicated as far as I know), and I’m not skilled enough to do that.

But, doesn’t every hack/cheatmod just change the save files? If they save files are server side, then they’d have to go through the server?

All cheating-related mods (including Kristof’s CheatMod) change the in-game save data (which isn’t saved to a file until you click “save” or exit the game). In a server-side saving system, the client would have to send the save data to the server, which has no way of knowing whether the data is legit or not.

Also, even if you don’t use any cheatmods, you can still just enable the console in GDT, type a command in it, and BAM you have 100B in the bank.

Edit: I’m open for ideas for making the server more cheatproof though :slight_smile:
Edit 2: @Killertoad Server-side saving does keep out people who use pre-hacked save files though!
Edit 3: I’m using the word “though” too much though…

2 Likes

Ahhh, I see :stuck_out_tongue: Okay haha

0.3.2 (The (First?) Second Bug Fix Update)

• Added “switch server” button to the main menu (the precursor of the server browser that might be added in the next version)
  • Player indicators now last longer
  • Extended player list width
  • Removed “cheat mod” indicator in player list
  • Safer version checking
  • Fixed buying licenses for competitor consoles not working properly
  • Fixed advanced spying issues
  • Fixed “null” error popping up when developing a new game
  • Fixed “data” error popping up when starting a new game
  • Fixed competitors not showing up right away when joining a server, really
  • Fixed sending stats too many times
  • Attempted to fix time synchronization not working properly
  • Attempted to fix “additional messages” bug
  • Attempted to fix error popping up when researching
  • Compatibility with server 1.3.1.0

• Changed addtolist command syntax to "addtolist ", the name you specify will be visible in the server list
  • Changed console text color to white to match CMD
  • Safer version checking
  • Safer MOTD reading from settings file
  • Fixed “private” things like trading not working
  • Fixed newlines appearing when they shouldn’t
  • Fixed sending stats too many times
  • Attempted to fix time synchronization not working properly
  • REQUIRES CLIENT 0.3.2 OR LATER

**[size=32]Download: [url=http://www.nexusmods.com/gamedevtycoon/mods/8/]here[/url], as usual.[/size]**
3 Likes

Timesync problems again, but I sent you a PM. :smile:

2 Likes

Just saying… AVG picked up the “dmultiplayersrv.exe” as a threat. And i just had to allow it with expectations :frowning:

Massive time speed-ups that cause me to go bankrupt before I even have much time to think, let alone develop a game. This is with 2 people, myself hosting. We are no where near synchronized. Occasionally it stops speeding(Generally when I’m already in the red) and I will be two months above my friend with both of us at normal speeds. I don’t know how the time-sync is supposed to actually work, but speeding up 11 months before I have time to think about what game I want is impossibly difficult.

@blairetian AVG tends to pick up a lot of files. Don’t worry :wink:

@jeremyglebe I don’t know why you go bankrupt so quickly (you can just pause the game by bringing up the left mouse button menu), but there will be a bug fix (thanks to @brudertack82) and a few further optimizations for the timesync feature in the next update.

@Darkly this mod was working before now its just saying lost connection ever time i join my server. The server has been port forwarded, my client is the latest, the server is the latest.

It’s probably an issue with the server itself or with the people joining. Mod still works great for me. :wink:

Try joining with your local IP.

0.3.3 (The Second Second Bug Fix Update)

• You can now use the “switch server” button even if you aren’t connected to a server
  • The player list is now automatically hidden when you aren’t connected to a server
  • When you get disconnected from a server, the game now resumes in offline mode instead of closing (unless you were kicked).
  • Added “reconnecting…” message when switching server
  • Fixed timesync causing issues early in the game (thanks @brudertack82 for finding and fixing the bug)
  • Fixed “DOM Exception 11” popping up rarely when connecting/switching to a server.
  • Further optimizations to how time synchronization works early in the game

Download: heeeeeeeeeeeere

Let's celebrate this update with a quote that is related to what is happening right now:
4 Likes

Hello! Sorry, but I got a question. Is there a way to remove custom consoles made by other players from a savegame? Because I can’t use my current savefile anymore because of that :<

Now it just doesn’t synchronize at all. It is just like before timesync existed. timesync is definitely set to true in the settings.