[WIP] GDTMP - Multiplayer Mod [Client 0.5.11, Server 1.5.5.0] (Now in 10 languages!)

Trying to open my save and getting “Cannot read property of null” … Hm…

I can’t reproduce that. Have you played online on that save before? If not, have you played with the mod enabled on it at all?

Edit: Also, which mods do you have enabled?

1 Like

Hm… I’m 99% sure I’ve played online with my current save before…

Mods
Camelot
Expansion
PTR
Percentager
Competitor
jariz-error

Since you use the better error handling mod, can you post a screenshot of the error screen? If any “Error” or “StackTrace” nodes appear in the log window, expand them by clicking the dots.

This is what I get…

Oh, you’re using Jari’s update mod, not his error handling mod. Can you enable it (download here if you don’t have it) and give it another try?

I was wondering why I wasn’t getting the same screen as others have posted…

1 Like

Wait, it’s the same file I’ve downloaded before… O.o

Maybe you’ve already downloaded it but not enabled it? :stuck_out_tongue:

The ID is “jariz-error” and you have “jariz-update” enabled

It’s enabled.

EDIT: is there another download that I’m not getting?

No, have you installed it properly? You have to drop the “jariz-error-master” folder from the zip into the GDT “mods” folder. Then rename the “jariz-error-master” folder to just “jariz-error”, open GDT, enable the better error handling mod and restart the game.

1 Like

Yep. That’s how I installed it. It shows as enabled and I’ve restarted the game a few times just with the error I’m having.

Try re-installing it.

No dice. Doing the same thing still.

Hmmm that’s really weird. Can you scroll to where the error handling mod is in the mod menu and post a screenshot of it?

I can probably still fix that error without more information, so if we can’t find a way to enable the error handling mod it’s fine… unless you need to use it to debug other mods… :wink:

Here ya go!
(Get the cool, get the cool shoe shine…)

Gah I don’t know what’s going on :frowning: It could be UltimateLib’s error handler overriding Jari’s, and if that’s the case you could disable UL and all mods that use it to see the better error handling screen. Which could screw up your save file.

If you’re willing to take the risk, make sure you have an autosave at about the same place as your regular save, so you can revert to the other one in case one of them gets corrupted. Make sure you only enter one save file though.

Otherwise, I will try to find the error which could take some time, but shouldn’t be too complicated.

1 Like

That does sound risky and I usually do end up biting the bullet more times than not but I’ll give it a try.

1 Like

Well if you aren’t comfortable with doing that you don’t have to :stuck_out_tongue:

I did it… Error-handling still not working…

Now I just get a regular windows error window with the same message " cannot read property id of null"

1 Like