[WIP] CompetitorMod by kristof1104 & DzjengisKhan

Really awesome idea and I can’t wait to use it! I also have an idea for this since you were talking about buying out the other companies and they’d generate money for you, what if after you bought them out (as well as have a big enough fan base) They can ask you for a publishing deal and it’d work the same as how you’d find a publishing deal already. Except this time you’re the publisher and they’re the developer. You choose what system it’s for, what genre/topic it has to be, how much money are you gonna fund into the development of the game, and what their minimal review score must be in order for you to publish it. Depending on how much money you fund them to make the game will greatly affect the total outcome of the game and really change the review score in the end for their game. The other options would also come into play but not as much as the funds. Also, if they fail to get the minimal review score then they must pay you X amount of money. So maybe you tell them to develop a game and fund them 5 million to make it and they don’t get the minimal review score you specified then they’d have to pay you double what you funded them, so 10 million in this case. I don’t know if this would be possible but you asked for ideas so here is the first one that came to my head! Hope it’s a good one! :smile:

1 Like

I*ve got some new interface Ideas , would be great to find them back in the final mod :smiley:

1 Like

I feel like that interface is a bit too swingy and movey. In my opinion straight lines would be better.

1 Like

this is just an idea , not final :wink:

1 Like

Yes, I know. :stuck_out_tongue:

This Mod is great, when will it be available?

btw. you might want to make of use the CompanyNames array (fake names inspired by well known companies) in the source code :wink:

1 Like

Hi All, So it has been a while… since I updated this thread.
I haven’t worked on the mod for a couple of weeks,… But I finally started working on it again…

The reason I stopped working on the mod was: I needed to design a balanced system that would allow competitors to release good & bad games…

I now have a system in place, it’s not perfect but it’s a start…
I now need a couple of volunteers to make a play through with the mod installed.
The mod will not alter your game in any way yet, the only thing you need to do is check if the competitors aren’t over or underpowered when you play! (money wise).

So in simpler terms, I need people to compare their money with the money of competitors at certain stages of the game. (and make some screenshot for me).

So what is implemented?

• All the menu’s and such are added
  • You can buy a company (basic feature not final), owned company’s will generate weekly income
  • Competitors will release games non stop.

Some remarks for those willing to test

• The competitors aren’t saved yet! So you’ll have to make a playthrough without stopping.
  • Competitors don’t have fans yet
  • Competitors only release games on pc

@PatrickKlug Thank you! Great idea!

Regards Kristof

2 Likes

So, You need beta-testers? I can do It! But… Not all the 35 years. Without stopping.

it’s an alpha since almost nothing is done yet :slight_smile:
And it doesn’t matter all the data i can get is helpful!
@LineLiar wanna help out?

Ok, no problem.

Some Download Links?

Thanks! Gonna test it.

But, can I play with other mods?

Thanks, yeah you can play with other mods!
Only thing you need to do is start with a new game!

Sure! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do I send screens PM, or post there?

Send them by pm please :slight_smile:

Sent.

Change the copyrighted names, Ubisoft is Ubersoft

I’ll test it out! Will say if there are any errors or bugs and such. :grin: