[WIP] CompetitorMod by kristof1104 & DzjengisKhan

The @Darkly’s idea is good!

But, I have played longer, and I see that there is probelm with competitors’s fans.
I Have 100k fans, and the #1 Competitor has almost 4x my money but only 30k Fans.

But, the progress is just epic.
I Remember the first version when I was testing it…

:clap:

Np your mod is one of the main reasons I still play the game.

With the UI I was thinking would it be possible to get the base game menus into a few of them too?It could clear up a lot of the space for future planning while clearing up that mmo clutter you get when you have more than one.

If they were all in the menus like you made could hook them up to key bindings too and people could set them up all in a row and minimize or maximize the menus all speedy like :smile:

2 Likes

@kristof1104 IDEA! :bulb: Why not an invest button for companys that you own. when you invest into it they make better quality games and could release MMOS or something (in fact, another :bulb: , you could have it so you could compete with the competitor’s MMOS (if you wanted to add that)) (wow, a bracket inside a bracket, give me a :trophy: ) Sorry for going off topic at the end

4 Likes

Let competitors make consoles!

4 Likes

it says that it has error loading when i activate and turn on

Did you rename the CompetitorMod file? When you drag the mod into the mod folder the file name will be “CompetitorMod - master” simply rename it CompetitorMod.

1 Like

Finally let me

rename “CompetitorMod-master” to “CompetitorMod”.

1 Like

Here are some suggestions. I really like the mod and here are some small tweaks.

1. Add the ability to merge a competitor with another competitor. I kinda want to be able to make a super-company out of my tiny little ones.
  2. Put the player’s company on the ranking list. Maybe make it yellow and unbuyable. After all, you are just another competitor in the industry.
  3. Add the ability to transact money from a company that you own
  4. Make scammers work
  5. Make selling and buying the company consider the fans and current profit from its current game
  6. Get more money off the companies. Maybe raise it to 5%. Right now the amount of money I get is not worth the investment. Maybe do this when you implement investments
  7. There’s a weird bug where if I rename the company and another company with that renamed company’s original name shows up, I can’t do anything to it.
  8. Maybe insert an algorithm where if it has had one successful game, it’ll be more likely it will have another one(If not already implemented)
  9. The companies showing up at your convention. If you organise a convention, there will be little booths for the competitors that you own.
  10. The ability to make a sequel of a company’s game if you merge them with you.
  11. And if you want, an options menu
5 Likes

Nice ideas! I would love to see them in the mod.

1. I agree

i haven’t played GDT in a long time but seeing how awesome this mod looks I’m bout to start playing again in my free time. I hope i can help with the testing. btw great work on this mod

That would be awesome

Thanks for a great mod. After you put in a little more work, I’d see no reason why anyone could do without this mod.

Some ideas:

1. random name gen for the competitions company names/ games/ systems/ engines.

2. Have the competition create consoles and computers?

3. Having companies dev Game Engines.

4. Co Developing games with competitors. Have a proposition tab (this being where you ask a competitor to co dev a game with your company for a profit). There is no need to make this function free, even when you own a company.

5. If you could make a sub company game release tab within the main company. This would be for those who purchase other companies and would like to “Sequel” other companies games. I’d like this function to also be extended that when you “merge into parent” You also gain the games, systems, Engines along with all money fans etc…

6. Research other companies game releases for information and not just our own. Just have it so we can research other competitors games for a sum of money or points. This would make gathering information more realistic and add a new level of play. I was thinking that we chose the company we wish to look into, then select one of their games for market research.

7. Make the sabotage aspects less unbalanced.
    *Hacking: Keep the 100k but lose the points gain. When the hackers contact you, they use what they learned from hacking to get a payday. So when we hack someone I’d like a random topic that the company owns.
    *Bankrupt: This is a great idea! But as it stands anyone can bankrupt a 200mil company while they are stuck in the stone-age for only 100k, then purchase said company for about 30k and wait a few months for it to kick back up to millions for a good merge. As it stands this function makes your mod a currency, fan exploit.
    *Fraud: Good idea, I think this earns your company money? I haven’t used it but if you can spend 200k and possibly have it roll to earn you like 1%,3%,5%,7%,10% of the company wealth at random. Then great idea.

Add
*Lawsuit: Just like when the random event comes up with someone suing you over infringing on their engine or game, we could sue the competitors for a nice payday. It would give us a % of the chance of rolling a win and of coarse a loss would mean loss of money on legal fees etc… but also loss of fans.

I hope these ideas are worth considering and I look forward to the next line of updates/ mods for game dev tycoon

1 Like

I really do love this mod, it adds a nice other dimension to the game but there is one problem… In my current game there are 3 companies at ~150M (Myself and 2 competitors I own) and a load of companies all hovering <5M with 2 or 3 going bankrupt EVERY week… It just breaks some of the fun of the mod when you can’t invest because it will go bankrupt and just spams my game with the notices making it a chore to play. Maybe some kind of safe time for new companies?

I Got a BIG suprise for you guy’s :smiley:

6 Likes

Oh, I love surprises!

Lemme guess. Steam Workshop support?

Oke here it goes:

Starting today this mod will have an extra developer.
This person doesn’t need an introduction :).
Please all welcome @DzjengisKhan to the Mod! :smiley:

11 Likes

Also a smaller bonus: I implemented generated game names for the competitors :slight_smile:

4 Likes