[WIP] CompetitorMod by kristof1104 & DzjengisKhan

OMG thank you so much for your hard work on this mod :smiley: It’s literally one of my favorites :3

1 Like

If you can in the next version, implement random names of games for companies (if it’s not too much) Great job! @kristof1104

1 Like

No feedback on the new UI? :frowning:

4 Likes

@kristof1104 I’ve not been able to play cos my computer broke, but from the screenshots i can say the new UI is a major improvment

EDIT: @kristof1104 My grandad sold me his laptop that he never uses, so i’ll be sure to test the new update

2 Likes

People are way too busy using the new UI, so they cant give any feedback yet :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Very good work with it works well for me but would be cool if you add the companies you own to be easier to track in it.

I like it fits in well with the game.

@greencactaur Thanks man, posts like this is what keep me going! :slight_smile:

@Pulibara It’s on the todo list! Thx for testing!
@KizzaGaming Thx man you’re the best! :smiley:
@vgs Thank you! I like that idea! :smiley: I’ll look into it!
@Stian lol, what about your feedback?

@ Everyone else

I Need feedback on this before I continue development! --> So leave a comment

kristof

4 Likes

I’m thinking it could be a lot more fun if you had to fight to actually buy another company because they seem to always sell right now.Maybe you could add an offer option that sends an offer to buy a company that they can reject or negotiate on.

Could replace the bankruptcy instant buy with a notice it happened then a date when it would be auctioned and have some setup that you put a max offer in but it could always go lower than the max offer maybe have another company able to buy and/or merge with them too.

With merge could be fun if you received offers too or your competition can do it.

With the UI could have a little bubble next to the company name that has O for offers another with M for the Merger and an A that only flashes when there is an auction have them lined up going down.

edit: Thanks @kristof1104 sorry not trying to nag you but you did ask for feedback :wink:

It’s epic.

2 Likes

@kristof1104 That laptop broke aswell, so i couldn’t test it :cry::cry::cry:

@kristof1104 if you release a update and you want to test it, call me :smiley:

1 Like

@kristof1104 does merging with parent company do anything?

1 Like

It gives you its RP, money and fans

1 Like

Hmm didn’t realize you could minimize and move the UI menu around like that it is a really good idea.Maybe could make a second one for the owned companies to sort them since that is a pretty good system for clearing up space I wouldn’t be sad to see it used on the normal game stuff either.

@Pulibara Will do :smiley: thx for the offer

@vgs Thanks for the feedback some very good stuff in there!!
Good idea to use a new UI for owned competitors as well!

Thanks keep the feedback coming guy’s especially about the new movable UI.

Kristof

2 Likes

I think our company should be on list too, to see how are we looking at competition’s shadows…

EDIT: Oh, and when I have merged an company, other random one appeared with 2.5M and 0 fans…
It just doesn’t make too much sense.

EDIT #2 :
lol.
And the same as in EDIT #1 happened.

1 Like

Jup a new competitor is created if one goes bankrupt. Makes sense, it’s possible for company’s to get founded with a starting budget of 2.5mil :slight_smile:

2 Likes

He means that they have no fans.

@Stian It’s a new company that hasn’t released any games yet. 2,5M is, like @kristof1104 said, their starting budget :wink:

1 Like

Btw, I suggest making the competitor “cards” semi-transparent so that you can see what is going on behind them. And the confirmation dialogs are a bit too large in my opinion. Great progress otherwise.

1 Like