[WIP] CompetitorMod by kristof1104 & DzjengisKhan

Im still playing with it, the parts that are there are working well, not having the games ‘count’ is a good thing imho since GDT would likely throw a fit (it would do exactly as i said happens when you make too many games of your own)

once the competitors have ‘personalities’ (each company favors a certain platform(s), and they name their games it will look far more complete. I wished i could crank out games as fast as they do :stuck_out_tongue:

Also would be neat if you could tell a purchased company what kind of content to focus on (i think thats in your list already).

Perhaps they could ‘buy’ you out and you simply work for them (completing games of various types they request your studio to make, you could always buy yourself back from them once your financially stable again, only the games you make would count obviously, would make for an interesting difference since your no longer permitted to be ‘creative’ you have to make what they ask and if you fail in doing so your company gets ‘merged’ (bankrupt game over))

1 Like

So recently when I made a new game and try to move to final office it always ends up in an error :C. I 've been using the mod for months and all of a sudden its been just erroring even if I legitimately move to the final office.

This is an issue with an other mod or UltimateLib itself because the CompetitorMod is loading right. It will probably help you more to report this in the UltimateLib thread.

3 Likes

Why not get the mod to could work with the Multiplayer

it should work with MP

1 Like

I get this error:

Post a snapshot of your mods folder

1 Like

Snapshot:

Remove the “-master” from the competitorMod-master.
The start the game disable competitor mod in The mods menu.
Reboot the game and enable the mod again in the mods menu.

2 Likes

Thank you, works as intended now :smile:

2 Likes

What stage is the mod post to be kicking in?
after garage? or at start of a new game?

@DragonMysterio At the start of the new game.

Hi,

I’m here just to ask if you would be interested in help translating the game, I can help you with polish.

You don’t need to agree i’m just thinking that you might want to translate the mod so more people can enjoy it as much as me and my friends do ! :smiley:

Huh?!, will its activated and it is without -master

i’ve started a new game and disabled, and enable again nothing is showing up?

I’ve 0.1.0 version you got a new version i can try out to see if that fixes the problem.

Did you restart the game?

yeah. still nothing.

update: just to screw around i only activate gdtmod, ultimatelib and competitor with a new save nothing shows up. something is wrong.

Try re-downloading the file? Sounds a lot like something from the mod itself is missing…

already did it still nothing :frowning:

You meant the game or the mod?
Tu is a topic “Polish Translation” for the game, many people are doing this.

@kristof1104 if you want some screenshots of the mod, I can give you some