[WIP] CompetitorMod by kristof1104 & DzjengisKhan

Anyways good work with the mod kristof, should be awesome once you get the other parts all buttoned up.

2 Likes

Honestly, you need to shut up about it. We all know what happened, and you’re not making what happened any better. We don’t need reminders about bad events. That’s like looking to your friend after a funeral, and being like “Hey, remember when your dad was alive?”.

TL;DR - Stop reminding us about Venemous. We ALL know about it.

1 Like

The way the review scores of Game Dev Tycoon are calculated are not odd at all, you must be doing something wrong yourself. For example these two points people always argue about:

1. Why can’t I make a topic/genre two times in a row?

Well, I don’t think you would like to see EA releasing a Battlefield every month, or do you? Than it will even be extra buggy! :kiss:

2. Why would Game 2 have to be better than Game 1?

Because you wouldn’t like to see a bad game made by a company while you think they make awesome games do you? Improving your game, that’s business. :man:

And I would recommend you not to use the Wiki if you are, because the wiki is totally wrong most of the time. It’s called EXPERIENCE in making the games and learning from your mistakes while being paient, if you don’t have that then Game Dev Tycoon isn’t a game for you. I played this game before it came on Steam for probably 20+ hours, on Steam the count is 52 hours so that would probably be around 75 hours and it’s still not easy. The thing is, the game industry isn’t easy, so it simulates that perfectly! Any more feedback on the review system because I think it’s good as it is and it simulates everything perfectly!

1 Like

Well, if you would’ve actually read before you commented what was before that. @KizzaGaming was using Venomous as an example, and that’s why I used it too so I could make sure the guy wouldn’t be confused by saying what it means. Please read before you post useless replies like that. :wink:

1 Like

Oke so the weekend is around the corner meaning I’ll have some free time to work on the mod.

Features I’m gonna work on:

• Add check so users can’t exploit the sell or merge functions.
  • Add a confirm button (was lazy so i skipped it last time :))
  • Add more competitors( need to check out how much the CPU load will be with x number of competitors)
  • UI change, only show top 3 competitors, add a new screen to show all competitors
  • Ability to start your own sub-business
  • Ability to set the genre’s a owned competitor should produce games in.
  • Finish publisher deal
  • Workout stockmarket idea
  • Create a random name generator for competitor games!
  • Have a look at creating statistics for competitors, how much they made this year, their value, ect…
  • Create a custom bankrupt event for owned company’s
  • … requests/ideas?

@nerdistmonk
The games the competitor create don’t have an effect on the player’s game (their not raising the bar). They use a seperate algoritme that is based on GHG’s but slightly modified.
I do admit they release their games to fast but I’ll fix that in the later stages.

@apljee Please don’t go off topic, your rant about venomous has nothing to do with my mod! The others stated the reason for obfuscation, while staying on topic.

Kristof

7 Likes

Awesome! :smiley: :kiss:

1 Like

Woo! Hope you’ll have a relaxed weekend!

1 Like

It’d be interesting if the competitors attempted to make their own consoles as well? I’d like it to be togglable on and off though ;P.

Whoa, that’s a lot of stuff you’re going to work on! Looking forward to the next big update ^^

3 Likes

lineliar i got over 500 hours in this game, i know all about the T/D ratios and guess what? they don’t matter once you have made too many games it all collapses on itself. No point in arguing over it because it will never be fixed with attitudes like that. (nope nothing wrong here…move along)

It is not simulating the game industry perfectly by any means…ive made real video games before.

Just forget i said anything. If it was not for the randomizer mod i would not even be playing right now (it freshened the game up rather nicely, along with this mod also), i do have a mod of my own thats grown to 700 lines of code, i just never released it because of all the ‘fame/glory’ and infighting that has happened.

edit: @kristof1104 one other thing you might add to that list would be to make the competitors use other platforms, they all seem to like PC (even if the randomizer mod kills the pc lol), keep up the good work

2 Likes

Are you a wizard?
This means you played for…

does the math

20 days! (and 20 hours, of course(i could be wrong))

3 Likes

I don’t know my official hours since I’ve been using the Windows version before activating my Steam key.
I wish I knew a way to find out mine…

1 Like

Wizard? nah man, i just hadn’t had a good game come along for some time (not since skyrim), so when this landed i played…i played long…and i played hard. (uh huhuhuh)
Anyways made a new thread so i don’t clutter yours up kristof.

2 Likes

you are right

@Charlie played Skyrim for over 900h :wink:

1 Like

Well…
I played the demo of Magicka for a solid 3 hours!

Nerdistmonk what is your Real name is it harry

my humble suggestion…Can someone add a note up top about that file name change to “CompetitorMod” to make the mod work?

I got the error too and just figured it’s broken since its in alpha. I finally found the fix here but I’m sure there’s many out there that will just give up and assume it’s broken and not bother trying or giving feedback. I just think it’s a shame because this mod looks so cool! Now that it works, I can’t wait to try it!

One last humble suggestion…it was mentioned early in the discussion already…but one of the competitors should definitely be one of your saved games/companies from a previous play. I don’t even know if that’s possible but how cool would it be to start a new game and one of your competitors was your last save…even down to the name you gave your character! Good stuff either way!

1 Like

At the end This is the first thing at the end there so be a top 10 game of the histion (sorry for spelling wrong) of evey game good game of almost evey Company in it and it Can be random which Company make it in Can you do that @kristof1104

You ever thought about adding pirates as a competitor?

Could add them then a reputation system for all of the companies based on a drm level option when building the games that could effect how much you are pirated maybe add a merchandise system too in one of the labs so if you are heavily pirated you can still make money off of them.I’m thinking even a simple system of this would be kinda fun if it worked with all the competitors and could always make it more complex as time goes on.

Just an idea if you wanted to try it in the future.