[WIP] CompetitorMod by kristof1104 & DzjengisKhan

It’s a neat idea but it’s not really necessary. It does help but it’s a bit of overkill.
What would be neat is to tell the other companies to make a specific game.

All games from other company`s are called testgame…
Bug or do you need names?

Not a bug, but intentional. I think it would be good to have actual names, though! (I could help you get some names, @kristof1104 ^^)

Yeah I also can help with names !

Maybe it will also be nice that you can see statistics of other companies…like how much money the made each year…so you can decide if it is worth buying the campany…and let the other comanpies make lesser stupid games…i see the weirdest combinations here…and results as a 2 review…

when a company goes bankrupt that i own it says pay debt and buy company, maybe there should be a separate event for a company that you own

also one of my competitor UI’s is unclickable, i cannot minimize its tab or press settings, but company or sabotage because the menu that comes up when you click the competitor doesn’t show

Thank you all for the feedback! I’ll get working on it as soon as possible.
@Rex0099 What was that competitor called?

Cheers Kristof

1 Like

namoni

Did you rename the company? or was it like that?

1 Like

originally it was like that, but i bought it, renamed it. then a company went bankrupt and it came back

1 Like

@nerdistmonk just because a mod is obfuscated doesn’t mean you shouldn’t install it. Why would you want to read this mods code anyway

2 Likes

…you mad bro?

3 Likes

To quote ferris bueller’s day off: “I weep for the future”

I think it was mostly to do with the @Venomous incident.

3 Likes

I bit the bullet and ran it, it seems cool other than i wished the competitors games had real names instead of just ‘testgame’ (you could command the mod to use a generic list of words, have it combine them to make random names?)

idc what it calls the game as long as it isn’t test game…haha

edit: i do like this mod though, makes it feel less lonely, you should definitely keep up the good work.

What would be funny is if a company could offer to buy you out instead…as for how to work that one out idk…maybe your company could keep running as a subsidiary and eventually you could ‘buy’ it back perhaps? idk just thinking out loud.

3 Likes

Most of the people that create mods obfuscate it (on this forum) due to make sure there will not happen a - as I like to call it - Venomous-accident again.You’ll need to have some background on this forum for that, but to say it in one sentence: stealing code from other people their mods. I like Venomous-accident more, though. Feels more familiar.

3 Likes

lineliar obscuring code fixes nothing, it just keeps the honest joes from being helpful. The dude was banned for two centuries i would think that about covers it don’t you?

@nerdistmonk I’m glad you like the mod, it’s still in an alpha stage so there is still a lot to do!
Regarding the obfuscation, Because I spend all my free time (not getting paid) on this mod. I don’t like the idea of other people stealing the code I worked so hard on. Creating an AI isn’t that easy…
Regarding your security issues, I’m a well known modder on this forum, you’ll just have to trust me :p.
seriously though when you install a mod for another game like the source engine you can’t see the code either, and need to install it through a .exe. So with your mindset no one could ever install a mod.

Once the mod is finished I will release it unobfuscated, Besides if GHG would have any doubts about my code they would be free to check it :smile:

Kristof

3 Likes

I noticed the games review scores end up dropping to garbage levels, thanks to the odd way in which GDT scores your games once too many games have been released it scores them all as garbage, mods tend to amplify this, normally i notice it get me past year 60, since your competing with yourself essentially your latest game never seems to live up the old ones…you still sell alot of games but its boring when it always get bad reviews.

someone needs to ‘improve’ the review system, idk anything but the current system since my games are getting 4/10 in year 8 even with cutting edge stuff. The competitors are cranking out games so fast it hastens this annoying quirk into occurring very quickly (their games are ‘raising’ the bar so much that no one can get over it)

1 Like

I don’t think their games effect the market…
But I do agree that the rating system should have some changes specially at the end when there’s no more researchable parts.

1 Like