[WIP] CompetitorMod by kristof1104 & DzjengisKhan

The small update is awesome. It’s just a couple little things that influence the way you play it, great job! :slight_smile:

@kristof1104 Maybe show the top three, but also add a button which shows all competitors

1 Like

thx! :smiley:
Any other requests?

And maybe you shouldn’t do the competitors on the place it is now, because it’s already bugging people. Maybe you can make another tab (like ‘‘Grid’’ from Camelot) and put them there? :wink:

As one who doesn’t quite play that much game dev tycoon, i got curious about the mods. Considering that i thought “nah i’ll never use them until workshop” looking and seeing this as one of the two mods on the front page of the forums, i started reading every 240ish replies, and then i realised, holy crap, hes awake with me! So lets get started on adding your mod into my game and playtesting.

As for 1 simple request: Hugs, i don’t care that this is a competitor mod, let our employees hug…

PS: your readme on the github is the cheatmods readme

Extra bit, how the hell do i install the damn thing

@Charlie made a tutorial

2 Likes

Couldn’t find the way to get the damn zip, got it now :smiley: so i should be able to playtest the damn thing if i don’t fall asleep before then.

I must of done it wrong

Error Cannot load mod one of the scripts …mods/CompetitorMod/source/CompetitorSales.js

perhaps i’m doing it wrong?

Edit: Fixed it… You need to figure out how to make it go as CompetitorMod and not CompetitorMod-Master

I dislike the “new users can only post 3 times on 1 thread” rule, therefore, DONT WHATEVER YOU DO! spamclick the debug in the sabotage menu, lets just say i’m 700k in debt

I bought out a company at about year 3 5 months, and merged the competitor with me, i then had a competetitor with 2.5 MILLION cash on hand pop up… Guess i’m screwed, should of kept the other one…

Okay here’s a bug: If you merge a company, and click the button multiple times, you get more money, basically you get the same amount every time you click it, you should make it close the window after clicking a button…

I QUIT! i just setup an autoclicker on the merge company button, I HAVE MORE MONEY ON THIS THAN MY MAIN ONE THATS AT YEAR 70!

After screwing around with the bug, i’ve hit 4.4m fans, 6b money, and about 50000 RP so i would suggest making your mod make it so that first of all, you don’t get to spamclick merge, and 2nd of all, not many research points. Less money than their current cash, as merging with them is a way to just get RP and fans, with no cost. /shrug

Is the folder in your mods folder called ‘‘CompetitorMod-master’’ or ‘‘CompetitorMod’’?

2 Likes

The un-zipped folder is called competitormod-master. Rename the folder to competitormod and you should be good to go!

1 Like

Hmm little bug…if you hit merge with parent company a lot of times then the money of that money will go to your money the amount of times you had hitted that button

1 Like

Same thing with selling a company :confused:

Thanks for the report!
It is in Alpha stage so if you find more bugs, just keep reporting them!

1 Like

ho wait wait wait! You’re not Kristof. o.O

4 Likes

…or is he? :dizzy_face:

4 Likes

The world may never know.

2 Likes

extra bit

hey extra bit, when is the new release coming out?

1 Like

Maybe a Confirm option is nice…pressed some buttons on accicent and it ruined the game :confused:

1 Like

Also this will be nice: co-developing a game with a other (owned) company…or staff that will become avaiable from other companies

1 Like

:confused: not funny