Reproducing Bug: Game Crashes after roughly 2 Minutes

I’d recommend reading through the whole topic. So far we’ve already tried that and many other things, can’t seem to get it working still though.

I don’t think that would work, if the process isn’t running (which for me, it isn’t) it shouldn’t interfere.

I’m pretty sure this is an AMD driver problem, so I’m going to downgrade my drivers dramatically shortly. Everyone who I’ve spoken to who has AMD drivers say they’re experiencing the same issue, whereas NVIDIA users haven’t even heard of the issue. I’ll update you all if I manage to fix it.

So far, here are the results:

CE 16.83 - Fails
CE 16.2 - Fails
15.7.1 WHQL - Fails

I will not go below 15.7.1 as that is the last known time where it was working perfectly. If that doesn’t fix it then I’ll reupdate my drivers and look into the settings. Other than that I’m lost on where to go from there.

EDIT: Looks like it’s not the drivers? Or is it? I’m lost now. Everyone who’s experiencing this is saying they’re using AMD, but downgrading them does nothing. Perhaps it’s worth contacting AMD about this issue? To add, I’m now installing the driver update released on 13th September 2016 (Crimson Edition 16.9.1 Hotfix). I doubt it’ll work but I’ll give it a go anyway with the expectations of another crash, and then I’ll try changing my settings. If that doesn’t work I’ll try to contact AMD about the issue.

Well the stacktoverflow you get comes from ltc_game32.dll which is an overlay technology by raptr.
Just try removing it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

It’s an idea, nice shout! I wouldn’t have known that, I’ll see if it does anything.

It’s logical too, because overlays often do cause crashes. What I’ll try first is disabling the overlay on Raptr, then if not that, deleting the file, and then uninstall as a final resort.

Yeah, did some further digging found it’s a known issue

Known Issues
few game titles may fail to launch or crash if the AMD Gaming Evolved
overlay is enabled. A temporary workaround is to disable the AMD Gaming
Evolved “In Game Overlay”.

https://community.amd.com/thread/202673

3 Likes

This fixed it. Like, actually fixed it. You don’t have to uninstall it, you just have to close the processes, no restart required.

“Processes?” You might ask. Yes, there are three processes you must end in Task Manager:

Plays.TV also has these files it seems…
And there I was making videos on it and uninstalling drivers :laughing:
Good job you noticed that in the debugging message, I didn’t know what “Itc_game32” was so nice shout once again.

Thank you to everyone who helped out, this was fun and interesting to look into despite the outcome being a simple “End Task” solution haha!

I’ve marked this as a solution. Admins may close this topic if they wish :wink:

3 Likes

Congrats m8

2 Likes

Wow, I can’t believe the solution was in front of us all this time.

Thanks for taking the time to go through this with us, @TheGangstarTY!

I’ll leave this topic open in case other people want to offer some extra feedback about this issue. :slight_smile:

Edit: And, of course, thanks to @kristof1104 for helping us with his ninja troubleshooting powers!

3 Likes

Thank you so very much for finding the answer! Darn you AMD :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Nice work @kristof1104. Thanks for helping us out :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ok im lost… can someone tell me what to do please?

The solution explains what to do (click on the usernames to expand):

4 Likes

This is why I love this community.

I didn’t know what to expect when I came here, as I had never been in these forums before, but I can say with confidence that I am thoroughly impressed by the overall positive attitude and dedication to helping us fix this issue. Thank you everyone who helped, and thank you Greenheart Games.