Reproducing Bug: Game Crashes after roughly 2 Minutes

Yea, seems like deleting the .js file just made matters worse (stopped the game from loading). I’ll just ignore those errors for now on

Now that’s extremely weird. To my knowledge, Raygun simply logs performance issues, so I wouldn’t expect it to have much of an effect on the game.

Here’s my somewhat standard advice:

• Unsubscribe from every mod on steam (Sorry, I know you have many subcriptions)
  • Uninstall Game Dev Tycoon (backup Game Dev Tycoon beforehand if necessary)
  • Just to make sure we have covered all our bases, uninstall Steam (probably not necessary, but I just wanna be sure)
  • Check for any Windows updates
  • Check for any Java updates
  • Restart computer
  • Reinstall steam and then reinstall Game Dev Tycoon (do not subscribe to or reinstall any mods)
  • Make sure both mod folders are empty and make sure you are unsubsribed to everything
  • Launch Game Dev Tycoon

I know some of the steps may seem unnecessary, but this just general gaming advice I give to people who have encountered unrelenting errors (whether it be Skyrim or some other game), and I have seen it work wonders. Good luck!

I’m not much help figuring this out, sorry. I tried the event viewer but didn’t notice anything out of the ordinary.

@chizbejoe I have taken this into account. Some steps are unnecessary but the others I tried had no effect. I’ll just assume that Raygun crashed because I had the toolbar enabled. As @PatrickKlug mentioned, it should be safe to ignore from what I can tell. Thank you for the information!

I have made quite the discovery today. Or from what I can tell at least. And I have a reason to believe it’s related to the stack overflow issue. I hope the following video helps you:

Brief Description:
I found that closing a particular process in Task Manager prevents Game Dev Tycoon from crashing after that certain amount of time, however it does have disadvantages such as removing all in-game models :laughing:
I hope this is somewhat helpful to you guys, I’ll continue to check out other possible solutions soon.

Feel free to skip from 4:50 to 9:40 as nothing important happens, it just proves that the game stays up instead of crashing.

1 Like

What about running as Administrator. Just saying.

Sorry for all the trouble. On the plus side, it was hilarious to see you manage to play the game without any graphics :smiley:

You are playing without any mods at the moment, right?
Have you updated your graphics drivers recently by any chance?
I just can’t think of any game-logic that would cause a stackoverflow. This is still a puzzle to me :confused:

@TheGangstarTY Sorry about the raygun issue. Can you try deleting everything in the raygun.js file and replacing it with this:

Raygun = {};
Raygun.init = function(){return Raygun;};
Raygun.attach = function(){return Raygun;};
Raygun.send = function(){return Raygun;};
Raygun.setVersion = function(){return Raygun;};
Raygun.onBeforeSend = function(){return Raygun;};

This should get rid of those errors and at least tell us that Raygun isn’t the issue.

It’s a good thing I’ve played a lot of GDT to know where things are :laughing: I would’ve been lost!

I removed all of the mods, unsubscribed and cleared the folders. Completely transferred hard drive so that shouldn’t be an issue. I also checked the appdata.
As for graphics drivers, not that I know of. I normally turn away every request that pops up. I think the last graphics driver was on the release of Battlefield 1 BETA (the insider release, not public). I’ll check back on that one tomorrow.

I’ve applied the changes and this has cleared all of the errors I’m getting through your dev tools. And it’s not the issue, as it still crashed.

I’m curious, what was the process that I ended in the video about? That could at least narrow it down.

They all belong to the node-webkit app that powers Game Dev Tycoon. It’s essentially a web browser and web server in one. I don’t know the details of the three processes but from the effect it had I assume it was the rendering component for the canvas element (which draws the level background and character animations), hence my question about graphics drivers.

By the way: I found this similar issue that was caused by some NVidia application:

I’ve decided to roll back the drivers quickly to a point where I know they worked, still no luck. However I think I may have to restart my PC for it to take full effect. If that’s the case then I’ll know by tomorrow. Not sure whether anyone else who’s getting this issue has AMD or not but I’m using AMD drivers at the moment.

@PatrickKlug possibly updating the Graphics Card?

I’m also using AMD, so that’s something we have in common as we’re both getting the error.

If either of you could try to install an older version of the AMD drivers, that’d be good.

EDIT: Nevermind, saw that @TheGangstarTY already tried this.

Are there any AMD add-on apps running? or anything else that could interfere?

Hello i bought the game yestarday and crash, there are still working to resolve the problem?. Im a casual gammer and its dificult to me follow the things that youre talking about guys!

Thanks, Diego (sorry for my english)

As far as I know, no. I tried closing Plays.TV in case that was the problem, but that did nothing.

I remember once that sometimes overlays can cause a similar issue, yet that it not the case for this it seems.

I’ll continue to check any other possible graphical features that may interrupt.

I have made a post on the GDT Steam Discussion I made a while back asking if people could post their graphical drivers (AMD or NVIDIA). If they all say AMD then I’ll try rolling back the drivers even further until I find the update which fixes it.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/239820/discussions/0/350541595111382465/?ctp=2

We’re working on this issue :wink:

2 Likes

I’ll still watch this thread. Maybe i could help a little. Lol

As I know as of now.
Try reinstalling GDT and don’t even bother try and use the Steam Workshop.
Also don’t go online while playing GDT…
(:warning: GDT is not being updated frequently. So maybe the Workshop is one of the problems right there.)

If you’re using a Non-Steam version. Then I don’t know what’s the problem there. :confused:

P.S I’m gonna watch this topic for now… See I can get any help.

Try uninstalling AMD Raptor, prettig sure that bastard is auto hooking your gdt.