Reproducing Bug: Game Crashes after roughly 2 Minutes

What about running as Administrator. Just saying.

Sorry for all the trouble. On the plus side, it was hilarious to see you manage to play the game without any graphics :smiley:

You are playing without any mods at the moment, right?
Have you updated your graphics drivers recently by any chance?
I just can’t think of any game-logic that would cause a stackoverflow. This is still a puzzle to me :confused:

@TheGangstarTY Sorry about the raygun issue. Can you try deleting everything in the raygun.js file and replacing it with this:

Raygun = {};
Raygun.init = function(){return Raygun;};
Raygun.attach = function(){return Raygun;};
Raygun.send = function(){return Raygun;};
Raygun.setVersion = function(){return Raygun;};
Raygun.onBeforeSend = function(){return Raygun;};

This should get rid of those errors and at least tell us that Raygun isn’t the issue.

It’s a good thing I’ve played a lot of GDT to know where things are :laughing: I would’ve been lost!

I removed all of the mods, unsubscribed and cleared the folders. Completely transferred hard drive so that shouldn’t be an issue. I also checked the appdata.
As for graphics drivers, not that I know of. I normally turn away every request that pops up. I think the last graphics driver was on the release of Battlefield 1 BETA (the insider release, not public). I’ll check back on that one tomorrow.

I’ve applied the changes and this has cleared all of the errors I’m getting through your dev tools. And it’s not the issue, as it still crashed.

I’m curious, what was the process that I ended in the video about? That could at least narrow it down.

They all belong to the node-webkit app that powers Game Dev Tycoon. It’s essentially a web browser and web server in one. I don’t know the details of the three processes but from the effect it had I assume it was the rendering component for the canvas element (which draws the level background and character animations), hence my question about graphics drivers.

By the way: I found this similar issue that was caused by some NVidia application:

I’ve decided to roll back the drivers quickly to a point where I know they worked, still no luck. However I think I may have to restart my PC for it to take full effect. If that’s the case then I’ll know by tomorrow. Not sure whether anyone else who’s getting this issue has AMD or not but I’m using AMD drivers at the moment.

@PatrickKlug possibly updating the Graphics Card?

I’m also using AMD, so that’s something we have in common as we’re both getting the error.

If either of you could try to install an older version of the AMD drivers, that’d be good.

EDIT: Nevermind, saw that @TheGangstarTY already tried this.

Are there any AMD add-on apps running? or anything else that could interfere?

Hello i bought the game yestarday and crash, there are still working to resolve the problem?. Im a casual gammer and its dificult to me follow the things that youre talking about guys!

Thanks, Diego (sorry for my english)

As far as I know, no. I tried closing Plays.TV in case that was the problem, but that did nothing.

I remember once that sometimes overlays can cause a similar issue, yet that it not the case for this it seems.

I’ll continue to check any other possible graphical features that may interrupt.

I have made a post on the GDT Steam Discussion I made a while back asking if people could post their graphical drivers (AMD or NVIDIA). If they all say AMD then I’ll try rolling back the drivers even further until I find the update which fixes it.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/239820/discussions/0/350541595111382465/?ctp=2

We’re working on this issue :wink:

2 Likes

I’ll still watch this thread. Maybe i could help a little. Lol

As I know as of now.
Try reinstalling GDT and don’t even bother try and use the Steam Workshop.
Also don’t go online while playing GDT…
(:warning: GDT is not being updated frequently. So maybe the Workshop is one of the problems right there.)

If you’re using a Non-Steam version. Then I don’t know what’s the problem there. :confused:

P.S I’m gonna watch this topic for now… See I can get any help.

Try uninstalling AMD Raptor, prettig sure that bastard is auto hooking your gdt.

I’d recommend reading through the whole topic. So far we’ve already tried that and many other things, can’t seem to get it working still though.

I don’t think that would work, if the process isn’t running (which for me, it isn’t) it shouldn’t interfere.

I’m pretty sure this is an AMD driver problem, so I’m going to downgrade my drivers dramatically shortly. Everyone who I’ve spoken to who has AMD drivers say they’re experiencing the same issue, whereas NVIDIA users haven’t even heard of the issue. I’ll update you all if I manage to fix it.

So far, here are the results:

CE 16.83 - Fails
CE 16.2 - Fails
15.7.1 WHQL - Fails

I will not go below 15.7.1 as that is the last known time where it was working perfectly. If that doesn’t fix it then I’ll reupdate my drivers and look into the settings. Other than that I’m lost on where to go from there.

EDIT: Looks like it’s not the drivers? Or is it? I’m lost now. Everyone who’s experiencing this is saying they’re using AMD, but downgrading them does nothing. Perhaps it’s worth contacting AMD about this issue? To add, I’m now installing the driver update released on 13th September 2016 (Crimson Edition 16.9.1 Hotfix). I doubt it’ll work but I’ll give it a go anyway with the expectations of another crash, and then I’ll try changing my settings. If that doesn’t work I’ll try to contact AMD about the issue.

Well the stacktoverflow you get comes from ltc_game32.dll which is an overlay technology by raptr.
Just try removing it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

It’s an idea, nice shout! I wouldn’t have known that, I’ll see if it does anything.

It’s logical too, because overlays often do cause crashes. What I’ll try first is disabling the overlay on Raptr, then if not that, deleting the file, and then uninstall as a final resort.

Yeah, did some further digging found it’s a known issue

Known Issues
few game titles may fail to launch or crash if the AMD Gaming Evolved
overlay is enabled. A temporary workaround is to disable the AMD Gaming
Evolved “In Game Overlay”.

https://community.amd.com/thread/202673

3 Likes