[REL] [Tools] UltimateSuite - UltimateModEditor [0.4.5.39]

If you look at the video up top he explains a lot :smiley:

Lemme check if this is true. (If I can change names) if not, Iā€™ll tell you

1 Like

OK, thanks, I just know that its not illegal if you DO NOT receive any money from it, not sure about a donation button though, let me know, if its not possible can you tell me how any ways? Then I will create two versions of my mod, one with (My Computer ONLY) and one without (Community) real names

1 Like

@SpikerzZ

Trade Marks

In-game assets, consoles and companies have been deliberately designed to parody historical events, developers, hardware and systems. Your mod may not reference or incorporate trade marks or publicity rights of any third party without written consent from that party. You must provide us with proof of such consent immediately upon request.

Taken directly from the modding agreement

1 Like

Sure, will check out after Iā€™m done with some ā€˜choresā€™

Is that Greenhearts policy? If so, I will respect it. Take a look at Grand Theft Auto Mods, there is a lot of real car names in it. The modders donā€™t make money so they arenā€™t stealing their name. Just free advertisement for the car companies :smile:

Yes, you can find the modding agreement here: http://www.greenheartgames.com/legal/game-dev-tycoon-modding-agreement/

This statement is true, except, no, no it isnā€™t. Yes, they are not making money off the companies name, but they are still using it :stuck_out_tongue:

OK then why does Gamebiz 3 use real names then? seams to be ONLY Greenheartā€™s policy

Seems*

And iā€™m not even bothering to argue with you anymore, Gamebiz 3 probably arenā€™t aware of what can happen in terms of legal issues, GHG are

Oh sorry, I ment seems, lol

But anyways, I donā€™t mean to argue, I just donā€™t understand why there are A LOT of games including big named games like Grand Theft Auto either have real names, or have modders that mod real names into their game.

Surely if Rockstar allows MODS to make real names, it must not be illegal for modders to do so unless they recieve money for it.

1 Like

I dunno, probably just because rockstar is such a big company.
And also, with a mod that adds real names, the developers would not get into trouble, it would the mod developer who gets in trouble :stuck_out_tongue:

well it is just strange to me, like how could you get written consent from atari? lol are they even arround any more?

Can anyone please help me with my problemā€¦?

@alphabit Hey, you should add the achievement criteria ā€œGame Nameā€, ā€œGame Topicā€, and ā€œGame Genreā€. Like the achievement ā€œInceptionā€. Thanks if you do.

Donā€™t hate me for asking, @alphabit and @SirEverard :smile:

Now that GDT is Workshop integrated, have you considered implementing Click to Add to Workshop in similar to Bethesdaā€™s Editor to Skyrim?

1 Like

Hello,

i have a little problem.

Every time i creat a engine research with the criteria category level i get an error.

For example i create the own engine research ā€œsimple animal aiā€ and set the criteria category level a.i. to minimum level 2 an error occours when i activate the mod in the game.

I canĀ“t upload a image cause im a new user so i write the error message here:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ā€˜experienceā€™ of null

Just to clear things up:
It is NOT illegal to use real names in a mod if there is no financial gain. However GHG are a small company and large companies can use this to their advantage to effectively ā€˜bullyā€™ GHG if their name is used, even in a mod. Because of this GHG has a policy in the modding agreement, that you CANNOT RELEASE a mod with real names for consoles etc, without permission from the company. By modding you agree to this.

@alphabit Any idea on when editing vanilla stuff and adding genres will be available, as I am planning a mod that redoes all the topics, genres and consoles. Sorry for nagging, Iā€™ll look into doing it myself in the code in the meantime but, I was just hoping to know if it would be any time soon. Thanks

1 Like

With original names? (talking about consoles) Unfortunately itā€™s not permitted. :ā€™(

I just have to say Iā€™m really taking a liking to this mod, in particular due to its user-friendly nature and how Iā€™ve already been experimenting with custom achievements. I just have to ask when and if you plan to ever create a version of UME that allows for the creation of Complex Notifications and Events as Iā€™ve wanted to create those kind of sequences where responses to events might result in the loss/gain of fans and/or money. I also was hoping for more specific criteria for achievement creation which would allow for things such as an achievement for releasing 3 consecutive titles to receive ratings of at least 8 or higher.

I donā€™t mean to sound like Iā€™m just complaining about content that doesnā€™t exist in a mod, in fact itā€™s because I appreciate this mod as to why Iā€™m questioning whether any new versions are planned for the future. Also, what kind of research would things like ā€œTarget Audienceā€, ā€œMarketingā€ and ā€œMulti-Platformā€ be listed as? Iā€™ve been trying to create a multi-topic mod with different working combos, but so far I havenā€™t been able to.

1 Like