[REL] [Tools] UltimateSuite - UltimateModEditor [0.4.5.39]

There isn’t any beta yet;) Only an alpha release. Also, do not rely on the alpha/beta autoupdater as it doesn’t work that well.

For now, you can always download the latest alpha (if available) from:
http://gdt-ultimatesuite.abesco.de/updates/alpha/UltimateModEditor_LatestAlpha.zip

To download the latest beta (if available):
http://gdt-ultimatesuite.abesco.de/updates/alpha/UltimateModEditor_LatestBeta.zip

As a general advice, try to use stable releases whenever possible. Alpha versions are subject to heavy changes and concerning beta versions, it’ll take a bit until I’ll release one.

And you can also be sure that you’ll get informed in this thread whenever a new version is available. So please make sure to stay up-to-date by looking into this thread and also into the first post.

1 Like

@alphabit is possible that UME works at windows xp?or u will just keep it with windows 7 and 8?

o_O I have missed out on a lot

1 Like

@alphabit Could you make an achievement criteria where a achievement is awarded when you develop a game for a certain platform

Hey… Can anyone help me? My mod seems to work fine… But it doesn’t work in the game?

What mods do you have installed

@alphabit, are you working in any feature for UME right now?

1 Like

I was testing my mod, that was developed using UME, but when I open the game, I get this error message:

The exception occurred in

file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Game%20Dev%20Tycoon/compressed/codeNw.js:1661

Log:
{
Error : { … },
GameVersion : 7,
GameId : 0.04544116533361375,
GameInfo : { … },
CompanyInfo : { … },
Environment : { … },
NPM : { … }
}

This message appears with Better Error Handling but when play the normal game with just UL and my mod it gives me this error message:

Error
Uncaught Error. Please report this to
(Greenheart Games support email)
Uncaught Type Error: Cannot read property ‘experience’ of null

I tried to do everything, removing all the mods, re-installing the games, and yes, the problem is with my mod :frowning:

Can anyone help me? Please!

Edit

When I click to UME validate package and code it says that is no error in the mod

This is kinda strange. When I try to open the .exe file, my Norton Internet Security freaks out like there is a snake in its pants. My computer says that it can’t open the file. And then, on top of the Ice Cream, Norton is getting so pissed, that it removes the .exe file. What am I actualy supposed to do with te file?

P.S: Sorry for my weird English. Its NOT my mother language.

@supersamuel This issue should have been fixed with the latest UL check you are using 1.3.2
If you still get the error. Upload you code somewhere.

@MijnGezicht Turn of norton and try and install. Do a full system scan before you do though.

small question, when advanced event’s will came? Cause with my lack of skills i’m pretty much limited to program features and i’m need to add some extra things to my mod (i’m slowly run out of ideas).

Yes, i’m using UL 1.3.2

So… can you take a look a the code for me? I uploaded the UME file is this right?

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/view/1chk93rbqf9dq9q/GameDevTycoonUpgrade_0.5.0FinalBuild.ume

I am not able to reproduce this error samuel? Are you able to start a new game?

1 Like

@alphabit About them special researches, have you made any progress on them? I have some cool ideas on what i would like to implement with them.

My ideas so far.

Download speed. Will produce more sales from MMO’s and Expansion Packs will sell more
Anti-Aliasing. Will increase the amount of xp awarded in the graphics section.

Strange, I tested the mod starting a new game. And immediately when I start a new game with the mod it give me that error message and the game freeze. I tested it on 2 computers and the same result happen :frowning:

Rebuild your mod and try again

Be sure you are using the latest from the site too

1 Like

Another question. How i make hardware research need another hardware research to be researchable (or something like that, again my english isn’t too good)?

@supersamuel Okay so I had some time and went over your code. Seems to be an oversight out our part I have fixed the code manually but if you want to update this you will have to wait for the next UME version.
http://puu.sh/7oEhX/11fd69bfd4.js Your code.js

@Jakub Do you mean another research that you have created or do you mean another hardware research from the original game?

1 Like

hey when i make a custom publisher i get an error

Also @SirEverard i use your code to make custom publisher and custom contract

Publishers isn’t implemented in the UME yet so it cannot identify the object (as shown). What you are attempting here would be considered part of the “Advanced Mode” which is a planned feature.

If you feel comfortable I would suggest moving to an IDE such as Aptana Studio for developing you mod if you wish to go out of bounds of the UME :smile:

http://gdt-ultimatesuite.abesco.de/docs/ - UltimateLib Documentation. This will come in handy, it explains usage and provides some examples in some cases. Just ask if you get stuck :smile:

1 Like