[REL] [Tools] UltimateSuite - UltimateLib [1.3.4]

###Thanks for using the UltimateLib###

We just wanted to say Thank you very much for using the UltimateLib. Since we released the first version, over 5K downloads have been counted!

You guys ROCK!

6 Likes

Hi! Iā€™m having problems getting this mod to work - Iā€™ve installed it following the video exactly, but the mod appears highlighted in red in the list of mods in GDT. Any idea why?

Hi @seeyoshirun,

the mods list should like this this, if everything has been set up correctly:

Can u please post a screenshot of your mods list, please?

1 Like

That actually solved my problem! Somehow I missed the Mod API, Iā€™ve installed that now and everything works. Thanks!

1 Like

@alphabit Are there any updates planed for here?

You forgot the api xD

1 Like

Happens with everyone

1 Like

Of course there will be updates soon :wink:

4 Likes

@alphabit canā€™t wait till next versionā€¦

###Version 1.3.3 released###
UltimateLib version 1.3.3 has been released today is ready for download.
This is a maintenance update fixing a couple of bugs discovered in the last weeks.

2 Likes

I found one little bug, when I extract the .zip file, it extracts all the files (like ReadMe, code, settings, etcā€¦) in different files and not on one main file like all the mods do

@supersamuel True. Fixed that and re-uploaded the ZIP package.

1 Like

###And another milestone has been reached###

Weā€™re happy and proud to tell you that weā€™ve reached more than 12k downloads (in total) of the UltimateLib.

Thank you guys :smiley:

@SirEverard and me are already working on the next release that will be out soon :wink:

6 Likes

:smile: :smile: :smile:

Looks goodā€¦ only problem is, you made this windows only for some strange reason. This means I, and many other potential users, cannot use it.

Well, the UltimateLib should actually work on other systems as well. Are u sure that youā€™re talking about the UltimateLib and not the UltimateModEditor?

The UltimateModEditor can be used on a MAC providing that you have Windows installed on the machine as well ( http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3986).

I am talking about the editor. I have lib. But, why did you make this windows only? And can you suggest a mac alternative? (Sorry, I am not dual booting. I am not paying Microsoft money for a license.)

There is no particular reason why it has been done on Windows only. Probably because the developer (me) decided to do so, being primarly a C# dev :wink:

The editor has been developed using the Microsoft .NET framework, which means that basically all systems that do support .NET framework should be capable of using UME, but in the real world this is only true for a Windows OS.

ATM I donā€™t think that thereā€™s a comparable MAC version. If you can get at least hands on a old Windows XP system, then you could use it, if not, Iā€™m very sorry, but it isnā€™t possible ATM and there are actually no plans to create a cross-platform application (which doesnā€™t mean that there will never be one).

You could also try to use VirtualPC (but this still requires Windows on it).

Please post any future UME related question on the following thread:
http://forum.greenheartgames.com/t/rel-tools-ultimatesuite-ultimatemodeditor-0-4-0-34/10886

So, I probably missed it, or just completely stupid, but how would I go about using UL? Iā€™ve only used UMEā€¦ :confused:

Documentation for the UL can be found here:

http://gdt-ultimatesuite.abesco.de/docs/

Each class should be documented. You will have to manually call anything you want to use though. If you donā€™ know how to do this you can use your UME projects to see examples and then apply that knowledge to other functions in the UL based on the documentation.

2 Likes