[REL] [Tools] UltimateSuite - UltimateLib [1.3.4]

You are amazing. :smiley:

1 Like

pretty cool features for the first release. :slight_smile: @alphabit

The crucial part of creating and generating basic code for topics, researches and platforms is already integrated, albeit there will be room for improvements and depth anyways (being the first release). I need to integrate notifications with platforms now (at least in a basic way) so that a first release can be done.

Don’t expect too much, as the first alpha release is always a russian roulette :stuck_out_tongue:

What we would like to achieve with our first release, is that you can at least create some basic mods. Then, while the project continues, it will be the community feedback to drive us to further versions and feature developments then.

Let’s see where this adventure leads…

2 Likes

Wow, guys this will completely redo the way we make mods (Duhhh…) but it will also make modding SO much popular! When can I get it?? It looks a-frickin-mazing! Please don’t scrap this!!! This will make the GHG have to create a GDT Workshop on steam!! Please make this quick! I NEED NOW!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

Hey @alphabit ,

Yes I’m Lead Java developer, I mainly work on maintaining and designing our Product management software for Architects.

Haha I’m in the same boat you are on the HTML 5 part, Haven’t been digging in it since it came out.
Need to catch up on it since we are moving to a web based system based on Html 5. :slight_smile:

1 Like

[Added] Notification class in UltimateLib providing easy notification handling

See how easy it will be:

Disable the TypeWriter effect on notifications:

UltimateLib.Notifications.typeWriterDelay = 0; // 0 to 100 (where 100 is quite slow and 0 is disabled)

Enable / Disable all tracked notifications:

UltimateLib.Notifications.Items.enableAll(true);

Use Overlay instead of regular notification for all tracked notifications:

UltimateLib.Notifications.Items.overlayAll(true);

The following notifications have been currently implemented to be tracked (they can be controlled individually):

GDT_PlatformReleaseNews
GDT_News 
GDT_GameOffTheMarket 
GDT_GameConference  
GDT_LabReport  
GDT_NewResearch    
GDT_IndustryNews      
GDT_GameReport       
GDT_MarketAnalysis    
GDT_EngineComplete     
GDT_GameReview        
GDT_Sequel            
GDT_FirstWeekOfSales  
GDT_Fans               
GDT_SalesRecord       

// Additional and 3rd party
InfoStatsMod_BestGame 

Each of the items is an object in the following format:

GDT_PlatformReleaseNews: {name:"{PlatformReleaseNews}", enabled:true, asOverlay: false},

That means you can do:

UltimateLib.Notifications.Items.GDT_EngineComplete.enabled = true or false
UltimateLib.Notifications.Items.GDT_EngineComplete.asOverlay= true or false

on each single item.

Just a side note:
TweakMod is currently being ported to support all these things using the UL.

2 Likes

[Added] Storage class in UltimateLib providing a working global settings solutions using the local storage

Good news from the UltimateLib developments: We have added a new class called “Storage” that allows to store settings globally and with working persistence now. It uses the same localStorage of GDT (it’s an HTML5 thing), but is somehow logically separated from it.

So no changes for modders or end-users on where to find the storage :wink:

To use it, simply access the UltimateLib.Storage class and call:

UltimateLib.Storage.read('YourId', optionalDefaultValueOrObj)

to return a previously stored object using YourId with an optional default value object that can be used to return default values in case no storage has been done prior to the “read” call.

Or call:

UltimateLib.Storage.write('YourId', yourData, optionalTimeToLive)

to write your data to the storage under the specified id allowing to specify an optional TTL (time to live) time span in milliseconds after that the object will die.

The reason we have added a custom storage class, is that the GDT storage for global settings does not work properly. Because we have heard that there are probably similar problems storing mod settings at a save game level, the next step will be to implement a save game related storage mode, so that data is persisted only at save game level.

Just an additional note: The first post was updated and contains now all classes that have been already implemented in UltimateLib.

1 Like

Can’t wait to use this and make some mods :smiley:

Nice stuff.
Nice to see a new game emerging in such a fast way and getting all this support from the community

@Biblioteca13 it’s not a new game, it’s a mod for Game Dev Tycoon

I think @Biblioteca13 was talking about GDT being a new game. It’s been out for a while but we are still very supportive of it :smile:

oh, I thought he got confused and thought UltimateLib was a new game.

Countdown for an early alpha release has started… we’re not far from release now :wink:

3…?
2…?
OnE…!?

2 Likes

hehehehe… u just can’t wait, don’t u? :wink:

1 Like

I was only count-downing…

U know what Einstein once said? That relative time thing? :stuck_out_tongue:

Who is Einsten O_O

Can’t wait for UltimateLib! Do you have a prediction on what day it will come out? @alphabit

Not exactly. @SirEverard and me are just making some small corrections and tweaks prior to release, so that at least from a technical point of view you should be able to implement UltimateLib into your mods without hassles.

We agreed today that we need to release UL asap, but we cannot do it without having removed some known annoyances :wink:

1 Like