[REL] [Tools] UltimateSuite - UltimateLib [1.3.4]

Wow! Good job!

wait does this fix the switch? with the dates of the platforms?

Yes, it does also fix the date problem.

@alphabit

You are the real genius, the brave coder, the responsive guy, the Awesome guy.
And listen to this “The only guy who made modding an easy task”

You need more than just pure respect, you need a word under your name (same as Patrick klug, “developer” under his name)

2 Likes

Thanks for the kudos!

I think that the “developer” tag is already correctly placed under the name of the right guys :wink:

###Important Change###

From now on this topic will be used only for UltimateLib. All information, updates and details about UltimateModEditor will be available on the UME thread.

Just want to know.

Yes notifications are available. Simple and for platforms. Maybe you should take a look at the video tutorial, although it’s for 0.2.0, it should help you understand how to create a notification.

Please no more questions about UME on this thread. Thanks.

1 Like

@alphabit The name of my mod is now UltraGDT not PTRMod

I am having problems with UltimateLib [1.3.1] - when I use it I am not able to research 2D graphics lvl3 or 3D graphics lvl1. The message that it is possible to research does not appear. All other things I can do without problems (sound, gameplay…). Happened to me in at least 30 games (several times made it to year 42 and nothing). If I disable UltiLib, works like a charm.

Any suggestions? I would like to use mods like TweakMode and Camelot but they require the UltiLib.

Mods using:
No Typewriter Module v 1.2.0 - by Francesco Abbattista
Information and Statistics Module v0.4.1 - by Francesco Abbattista
Expansion Pack mode v05.4.1 - by DzjengisKhan & LineLiar

Thanks

1 Like

Hmm very strange. I will look into this.
EDIT: Found and fixed. Update later today.

3 Likes

###UltimateLib version 1.3.2 released###

Important bug fix release. Please update your UltimateLib library to 1.3.2, especially if you’re using UME to create modules. This update fixes an error in the level calculator wrapper.

Thanks very much guys :smiley:

###Quick Installation Video Tutorial###

I just uploaded a quick video tutorial on how to download and install the UltimateLib.
Please see first post for more information.

1 Like

###Outlook to the next version###

One of the new features that will be available from the next version on, is a new messaging system intended for showing different kind of messages. These messages are not the same as the notification you know already from the game.

The regular Javascript messaging system has been overriden, so that you can use “alert(‘whatever’)” to use the new messaging system.

We also introduced some more complex possibilities, like creating custom messages and it even supports a message stack, so that you don’t loose any message.

This is interesting especially when errors are shown or something goes wrong in GDT.
With this new messaging system you will get the whole error message, the modules loaded and you can still continue on GDT.

4 Likes

Would you be able to use this feature to notify someone that there is a update available for your mod??? (Like in UltimateLib)

Well, actually you can already, in case u missed it :wink:

UltimateLib.Update.GitHub.notifyIfNewerVersion("GITHUB_USER_NAME", "NAME_OF_REPO", "BRANCH", "DIRECTORY");

so i.e.

UltimateLib.Update.GitHub.notifyIfNewerVersion("abesco", "gamedevtycoon-mods-ultimatelib", "release", "UltimateLib");

It is also planned to introduce easy update notification through UME, so that this code is generated for you :wink:

1 Like

Oh my mod i hosted on Mediafire, i have no clue how to set it up on GitHub

ATM only GitHub updates are supported, but we have plans to extend it to other download platform, by using a certain upload strategy. I will inform you when we’re ready for it. For now, you can only use GitHub for Autoupdating or you would need to create your own online check handler and then use the new messaging system for showing the info.

3 Likes

Where would that code need to go???