[REL] [Tools] UltimateSuite - UltimateLib [1.3.4]

Hmm very strange. I will look into this.
EDIT: Found and fixed. Update later today.

3 Likes

###UltimateLib version 1.3.2 released###

Important bug fix release. Please update your UltimateLib library to 1.3.2, especially if you’re using UME to create modules. This update fixes an error in the level calculator wrapper.

Thanks very much guys :smiley:

###Quick Installation Video Tutorial###

I just uploaded a quick video tutorial on how to download and install the UltimateLib.
Please see first post for more information.

1 Like

###Outlook to the next version###

One of the new features that will be available from the next version on, is a new messaging system intended for showing different kind of messages. These messages are not the same as the notification you know already from the game.

The regular Javascript messaging system has been overriden, so that you can use “alert(‘whatever’)” to use the new messaging system.

We also introduced some more complex possibilities, like creating custom messages and it even supports a message stack, so that you don’t loose any message.

This is interesting especially when errors are shown or something goes wrong in GDT.
With this new messaging system you will get the whole error message, the modules loaded and you can still continue on GDT.

4 Likes

Would you be able to use this feature to notify someone that there is a update available for your mod??? (Like in UltimateLib)

Well, actually you can already, in case u missed it :wink:

UltimateLib.Update.GitHub.notifyIfNewerVersion("GITHUB_USER_NAME", "NAME_OF_REPO", "BRANCH", "DIRECTORY");

so i.e.

UltimateLib.Update.GitHub.notifyIfNewerVersion("abesco", "gamedevtycoon-mods-ultimatelib", "release", "UltimateLib");

It is also planned to introduce easy update notification through UME, so that this code is generated for you :wink:

1 Like

Oh my mod i hosted on Mediafire, i have no clue how to set it up on GitHub

ATM only GitHub updates are supported, but we have plans to extend it to other download platform, by using a certain upload strategy. I will inform you when we’re ready for it. For now, you can only use GitHub for Autoupdating or you would need to create your own online check handler and then use the new messaging system for showing the info.

3 Likes

Where would that code need to go???

In terms of a generated UME package, you could place the update code into the “ready” callback. I.e.:

main.js

(function(){
	var ready = function () {
            // Check for updates
           UltimateLib.Update.GitHub.notifyIfNewerVersion("GITHUB_USER_NAME", "NAME_OF_REPO", "BRANCH", "DIRECTORY");
	};

var error = function () {
	};

GDT.loadJs(['mods/UMETestMod/main/code.js'], ready, error);

})();

But you could also place it near the GDT.loadJs. Technically spoken that is not a big deal, but for the sake of correct loading sequence and because it’s cleaner, stick on using it inside the “ready” callback, so it is only called once the module has been loaded.

2 Likes

Is this correct???

That should work, yes. Does it?

1 Like

i dunno i’m about to release a update to my mod

You can test it before release, by simply changing the version info in the package.json which is online on github and have your local package.json using a different version. So you don’t need to release prior to test :wink:

1 Like

it didn’t work
pls help

Check that the version in the package.json is higher than your local:

And then check the directory again:

It should be named “UltraGDT 0.1.9”, so:

UltimateLib.Update.GitHub.notifyIfNewerVersion("KizzaGaming", "UltraGDT", "master", "UltraGDT 0.1.9");

Hint/ Advice:
Don’t name the folder “UltraGDT 0.1.9” but use instead “UltraGDT”. Versioning is doing through the package.json. So you don’t need to update links and other stuff once you change it again :wink:

2 Likes

my local version is 0.1.9, on github i changed the package.json version to 0.1.10

Yes, but the directory is wrong! I’ve edited my previous post with an additional hint :wink:

1 Like

oh lol i didn’t notice that :smiley: