[REL] [Tools] UltimateSuite - UltimateLib [1.3.4]

Thanks @kristof1104 :slight_smile:

I plan a public release within the next days. Although quite feature limited at this time, the basic application structure has been laid down. So next stages should be hopefully a little bit quicker :slight_smile:

Looks really good! WPF project?
Like the javascript syntax highlighting!

No. Regular WinForms :slight_smile:
Thought that should be enough for this app.

1 Like

When will the next update planned?

Great work @SirEverard and @alphabit! Can’t wait to see future updates and what further mods this will spawn.

5 Likes

First of all, thank you very much @PatrickKlug, glad you like our project. That means a lot to us! We hope that we can boost the modding scene even more with our tools, help out modders to create even better mods and that it also helps you to keep the degree of popularity for this wonderful game where it belongs… on top :wink:

And now it’s time for a small update :slight_smile:

Development is going on very well, so well that we are close to release the first (still undocumented) version of the UltimateLib, our foundation for UME and some upcoming mods.

Here’s a screenshot of the release version of UL.

http://puu.sh/6gAUw.png

And this is the object hierarchy of the UltimateLib:

http://puu.sh/6gCdR.png

Lined up mods (scheduled for release and using the UltimateLib):

As soon as @SirEverard has done some additional changes to cope with Camelot’s latest requirements, we will release the UltimateLib to the public.

The UltimateModEditor is also under heavy development… and after some feedback from our fellow testers (whom I wish to thank!) the decision was taken to rework the basic user interface, opting for a more known concept of boxing menus and allowing for different styles.

Here’s a first screenshot of the next version (0.0.2) which will be released soon to everyone after our great testers will have taken a look at it:

The 0.0.2 version will also include the first UltimateLib generated code, allowing for more features than in the previous version!

So, stay tuned… we will be back very soon :wink:

2 Likes

This is awesome, i’m bad at making events so i wanted something like this.

I sense platforms are coming :DDDDDDDDD

#UltimateLib 1.0.0 released

We’re happy and proud to announce that we have released the first version of the UltimateLib, our foundation library for allowing easier mod development for GameDevTycoon.

This library is needed for the upcoming TweakMod and Camelot mod, so you need it in case you want to use the mentioned mods.

Furthermore all future releases of UME (UltimateModEditor) will generate code based on the UltimateLib, so you will need it whenever you want to use a mod created with the UltimateModEditor.

Go and grab it from our official website :slight_smile:

4 Likes

couldn’t get the lib as-is, to load.

I think the first issue is that the folder for the lib is hardcoded in

mods/UltimateLib/UltimateLib.Main.js
which means that if you leave the folder as UltimateLib_1.0.0 it will not load the Main.js file.

Even if I correct that it seems that the mod is looking for a mods\UltimateLib\3rd directory when loading and that throws an error.

EDIT: had to create a 3rd and a libs directory for the mod to load so you should probably check if the directory exists :wink:

1 Like

Argh… that’s a thing from development which had not to be there! Thanks for your feedback. I’ll immediately check and fix it!

Awesome! :smiley:

1 Like

@alphabit
am dying for the next update of ultimate mod editor.

1 Like

It should be fixed now. Thanks again for pointing out.
I took the chance to create one more copy of the GDT game folder so that it doesn’t interfere with any dev stuff anymore.

I think I should sleep a bit… this is awkward :stuck_out_tongue:

A new UL version has been of course uploaded (now 1.0.1).

• Fixed initialization (release branch)
  • Fixed missing UltimateLib folder in package
1 Like

Documentation for modders coming soon to. Once everything has been settled (i.e. the modules are out of beta/alpha stages and major changes have ceased) then we will post documentation on usage and tips etc. on the UltimateSuite website.

2 Likes

@SirEverard do you mean soon as in a couple of hours or soon as in a couple of days?

Days at least. The modules need to be tested and there is still lots of expansion we plan to do.

Some of the beta modules could have a little documentation written. But I’m going for sushi now so nothing will happen unless @alphabit does it :wink:

1 Like

Some small bugs have been fixed. Watch out for a new release coming up within the next hour.

In the meantime, here’s how the documentation (draft and under construction) will look like:

2 Likes

#UltimateLib 1.0.2 released

This is an important update!

If you already have downloaded previous versions of the library, you’re invited to update to the latest version.
This version fixes some bugs that have been encountered in the very beginning of the game, after the first game has been released.

It also features a more enhanced name generation (for company names and player names).

This library is needed for the TweakMod and Camelot mod, so you need it in case you want to use the mentioned mods.

Furthermore all future releases of UME (UltimateModEditor) will generate code based on the UltimateLib, so you will need it whenever you want to use a mod created with the UltimateModEditor.

Go and grab it from our official website :slight_smile:

Now please please please release UME…

I’m dying

PLEASE!

@alphabit

1 Like