Portuguese (pt-br) translation

Wow, thank you for put my name at the translators’ list! The strings are very more readable after the review, congratulations!

The main criticism I have now is that the company name (mostly indicated by {0}) must be preceded by the feminine article ‘a’. By logical reasons, a name of a company, in Portuguese, is so in lifelike speech. Another thing is a support for feminine names of the main character, because some string that reference the owner of the company translate owner as ‘dono’ which is a masculine noun/adjective. That is more difficult to solve.

Before thinking of me as a critic without satisfaction, remember that I just want to help you to make a great translation.

1 Like

@Charlie @Druida

OK, I just had reported that didn’t show up on the first compilation, because those texts we had translated before the closing of the first compilation and how they appeared in English, could indicate a problem, that’s why I reported that they appeared without the translation, but without problems, revisions and we will continue in the next updates probably they appear normal.

Thanks !!!

@novato83 @Druida

Hoje revisei as strings de 1 a 200 e percebi erros de revisão/tradução/gramática/contexto/coerência em 108, 109, 113, 114, 116, 121, 122, 130, 132, 142, 146, 149, 157, 177, 178, 187, 188, 198 e 199.

Gostaria de sugerir que o termo Engine fosse traduzido para Motor de Jogo, ou simplesmente Motor, para evitar anglicismos, já que, neste caso, há um termo correspondente em português, mesmo que tão pouco conhecido quanto o termo Engine é em inglês.

Gostaria de discutir mais sobre a tradução de Contract Work, que, seguindo a inversão sintática da língua inglesa, seria Trabalho de Contrato, em vez de Contrato de Trabalho, como se pode pensar e como o Google traduz. Contrato de Trabalho se traduz para inglês como Employment Contract, ou Work Contract. Contrato de Trabalho é o que fazem os funcionários da sua empresa quando são empregados pelo jogador. Trabalho de Contrato (Contract Work) se parece mais com o que o jogo quer dizer, um serviço (não um emprego, como no Contrato de Trabalho) simples e não demorado que alguém quer que seja feito e que a empresa do jogo cumpre para ganhar um pequeno dinheiro, ou, caso não cumpra, para perder um pequeno dinheiro, parecido com um moleque que ganha umas moedas por, por exemplo, ajudar uma velhinha a atravessar a rua, ou o que o suporte faz pelo cliente, ajuda-o a utilizar um serviço. Isso deve ser discutido porque Contrato de Trabalho não é bem o que o jogo quer dizer.

O mais utilizado pelas empresas eh Contrato de Servico, a empresa ou a pessoa recebe para fazer determinado servico. Muito bom ter achado esse erro.

A questao da Engine, eu mesmo revisei todas as strings e as deixei como engine. Eu trabalho com jogos e ja estudei isso, praticamente todo mundo da area fala Engine, entao eu quis manter o ingles,
Outra coisa, poderia dar uma revisa nas strings que possuem o termo Publishing, publisher, published, quero manter um padrao para eles, provavelmente farei isso hoje mais tarde.

1 Like

Updating the list:
Guilherme Santos (Mod)
Alexandre Maier (Mod)
Vitor G. Vellozo (Mod)
Antônio Lucas Araújo
Guilherme Souza
Carlos Augusto Barbosa
Dimie Lannes

I think now is done, there’re more guys but they didnt send so many suggestions.

1 Like

@novato83 @Druida

Hoje estou meio preguiçoso para revisar strings… Revisei da 201 à 300. Acho que as strings 201 e 213 não estão soando muito bem. Peço que revisem a string 218. Todas as strings da 227 à 300 estão com algum erro, seja por não soarem muito bem, por algumas faltas de vírgula ou acento, por erros gramaticais ou de tradução etc. Desta faixa, apenas as strings 278, 280, 284, 290, 292 e 297 estão satisfatórias.

Três coisas nessas strings me incomodam um pouco mais. A primeira é a questão da falta do artigo ‘a’ em algumas. A segunda é o uso do termo ‘entregar’ como tradução de ‘deliver’, onde é muito mais adequado utilizar termos como ‘trazer’, ‘lançar’, ‘desenvolver’ etc. A terceira questão é o uso de ‘bem-vindo’ em algumas strings, que está ignorando o fato de que mulheres também podem jogar Game Dev Tycoon.

Sugiro que se demorem mais revisando estas strings, que geralmente utilizam uma linguagem mais culta por se tratar de notícias de jornal, além de ser mais difíceis de ser revisadas por parecer verdadeiros textos.

btw. please report any issues you see with the beta here, best with screenshot so we can see where there are problems.

@PatrickKlug ok! I didnt have any time to play the beta version… I’m working like a japanese these last days :\ but hopefully today I think I’ll have time.
If I found a bug Can I fix them by myself?

If it’s a problem with the translation then yes, just update it in the translate.greenheartgames.com site and we will include it in the next update. If it’s a UI or game issue then let us know :slight_smile:

@PatrickKlug Im playing now at my job(shhhhh kkk) all txt are in english, at least in the begin.
I went to settings and selected Portugues Brasileiro but doenst work.

Edit: I Restart the game and now some strings are in Portuguese ^^

I reviewed all @ToinhoAlam 's suggestions, and they’re pretty good, you did a excellent job man! :grin: cognratualtions and thank you for the help.
If you can review more strings, I’m sure that all brazilians fans will be pleased

Pode mandar sugestao pra essa aqui dnv? Aceitei uma errada sem queerr --’

1 Like

Parabéns @Druida! Infelizmente não pude testar a versão beta da tradução!

Tentei contribuir, mas acabei me enrolando com o trabalho e nada fiz.

Parabéns! Não vejo a hora de sair essa versão em português!

How is the testing going guys? Do you need any help?

@Charlie We’re quite slow, because novato83 will get marriage on 28th (in 2 days lol) and I’m working a lot, and also i have my channel on youtube so i don’t have so much time to play the beta, but at the weekend I think we can do some progress.

No problem, just shout if you need anything! :smile:

Good Morning @Druida @Charlie @PatrickKlug @ToinhoAlam !!!

I’m really out for more than 2 days, as @Druida said, 28 day now, I’m getting married, and I’m going out on a honeymoon for a few days, returning only the day October 10, and actually this week I couldn’t help a lot in translation due to solve everything involving marriage, this date so special.

I ask that people keep sending feedback and everything else that the @Druida ta observed everything and doing an excellent job, and if until day 10 of October are not yet complete, I returned to help in the correction without problems :slight_smile: !!!

Thank you all!!!

Note: @Charlie if you want to expedite the translation work for pt-br and want to register the @ToinhoAlam (great translator) as moderator in my seat, make yourself comfortable, if possible, I’d just like to be remembered in the credits that the @Druida was talking with you as one of the moderators for Português-BR :slight_smile: !!!

Thanks for the update guys! @ToinhoAlam is now a moderator :smile:

So I can update your name in the credits which one are you?;
Antônio Lucas Araújo
Guilherme Souza
Carlos Augusto Barbosa
Dimie Lannes

He is Antônio Lucas Araújo

Ta!

I’m now a moderator? :grin: What a honour!

Any recommendations on how to act so?

My reviewing algorithm will be:
– small mistake (acentuation, article, preposition, punctuation) → immediatly correct
– context/regularity mistake (unless more complex actions be necessary) → immediatly correct
– word/expression strange translation → message another active moderator
– difficult to correct word/expression translation mistake → message another active moderator
– summarize/modify a string to best fit in the game/in the popular speech → message another active moderator
– one of those mistakes in a smaller level → immediatly correct