Official Modding F.A.Q

@FireChaos

Dont talk like that, you would be better off asking him nicely if he could post some pictures.

@NatLewJon

As FireChaos mentioned, we would need some pictures of the error to help you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Heya,

As Stian said, some more information would be helpful. Such as a list of mods which have been used (even if they were later removed) which game version, platform and OS you are using.
From an official point of view i would suggest that you start a new game. To do this as soon as the game hits the ā€˜click to continueā€™ screen press the ā€˜escapeā€™ key and select ā€˜newā€™ from the menu. Then save this game.
However if you can give more details here on the forums other users may well be able to offer alternatives.
Best of luck!

1 Like

Typed it because Iā€™m tired; Forgot to add a happy emoticon to make the user feel better.

@NatLewJon here, :smiley:

Heā€™s a fellow player, so dont refer to him as ā€œuserā€, rather ā€œhimā€. Its not like you or I are tech support :wink:

But heā€™s supposed to be a user in the forums. Or Iā€™m getting more serious thanks to school.

Maybe youā€™re right user. But its not very nice being called user.

Iā€™m getting this weired Bug. Whenever I try to activate my mod. Yes, I go into my Mods, click it so itā€™s blue, restart and run the game. Although, when I do an Error shows at the top of my screen saying ā€œError Alert! Error Uncought error.ā€ The only mods I have enabled is the one Iā€™ve created (A test one, only has one console) UltimateLib and the GDT-ModAPI. Now where on the internet Iā€™ve looked offers a way to solve this. And whatever I put into the mod dosnā€™t go through to the actual game. Example: New Console + Notification at 1/2/1. Ingame date: 1/2/1, nothing happens.

Iā€™m running Windows 8.

My idea is that my UME is out of date or something. Please help!

Yup, UME is out of date. I suggest you use GDT Enlightening. (Not advertisement at allā€¦)

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Why can I not make complex events in UME? Is there another version out there that I can get?

UME doesnā€™t work, its outdated.

I see. Is there another modding program? I had seen something earlier called GDT Enlightening? I hadnā€™t found a download link anywhere though.

Yup, I abandoned it. No-one showed interest, and I got no help from anyone.

I see.

You came late for modding party. This game is kinda dead for long time. Even forum donā€™t show too much interest (which you can see by comparing amount of topics related to game from this month, to unrelated ones). Right now not too much people play it.

This is an effect of the way the workshop copying was handled. (Not very good)

1 Like

Yea, itā€™s really disappointing that the devā€™s decided to stop working on the game altogether. It had so much potential.

Umm, I didnt mention that.

One the home page of Greenheart Games it says that there will be no more updatesā€¦ thus implying that they are not working on it.

Yes, but you brought it up pretty randomly :stuck_out_tongue: The reason the community is dead, is because many modders got pissed when Patrick said they were not going to do anything to make sure that mods were not copied on the worksohp.

1 Like