Official Modding F.A.Q

I would be pissed too.

1 Like

Letā€™s not blow things out of proportion. There is no widespread copying of mods. I understand that itā€™s frustrating to see someone else uploading a mod you created but

a) we remove these mods fairly quickly, once they are reported.
b) they are hardly any subscribers on them. The most Iā€™ve seen was 5(!). Five compared of thousands using the actual mod.

Itā€™s not like we maliciously refused to listen to our modders. There was simply no good reason, nor a good technical solution, to change the situation.

It would be silly to invest weeks of development work to prevent a handful of such uses, when instead we can moderate these mods fairly easily.

I donā€™t know how much we can take credit for the modding community. Both when itā€™s doing well and when itā€™s not so active. Personally, I think itā€™s normal that interest fluctuates and itā€™s not like no one is working on exciting mods. There are some great mods in the pipeline.

2 Likes

(Off topic)
If you are bored then follow plan B:
Make a new sim/strategy game, just like GDT!
Spice it up how GHG spiced up GDT. (do it when the hype is down)
If the community is bored, repeat!

Waitā€¦ They got on plan B a long time ago right?

Sorry if I blamed you, but Iā€™m a little annoyed by it myself.

WTF. (Mac) 16 clicks just to access the mods folder starting from the view with all the hard drives. I find that extremely inconvenient. (Oh and mac apps are for some reason actually folders when read by windows at least.)

Ever heard of a shortcut? If youā€™re a Mac user.

Wellā€¦ Why would I have it in favorites/favourites when you just need to access it occasionally? (Yes, shortcuts are something on the desktop and whatever) AAAAAND if you donā€™t have the hidden folders thingā€¦ yeah. you canā€™t see the folder (that is true on windows too). Yes, Shift-Command-G exists. Win-R too. but itā€™s not very simple.

Againā€¦ Whatā€™s wrong with a shortcut?

How can you use mods if you didnā€™t buy the game on steam, therefore donā€™t have ā€œSteamappsā€?

And I donā€™t have any GDT folder I simply have a program called GDT and when I click it it starts the gameā€¦ How to install mods?

Hey. Welcome to the forums :cake:
If you are using the standard edition of the game you will need to install mods manually. There is a video guide on that here:

If youā€™re a Linux user

Sorry, just had to. Iā€™ll just take the backdoor, donā€™t mind me.

1 Like