Official Modding F.A.Q

Heya, can you post a screenshot of inside your mods folder please?

Since Iā€™m a new user I ā€œcan not upload images.ā€ Can I fix that somehow? @Charlie

You should now be able to upload images :smile:

:smiley: and here

Hey, You need to put the contents of the master folder into the folder so that it looks like this;

Hi,
I have exactly the same screen (unless I have only 2 mods)
but when I go on GDT and click on ā€œmodsā€ I have nothing else than the link to this website.

Iā€™m on windows7, using steam.

What can I do?
Thx

Ok I found where the problem is from. I was using the game in French. Iā€™m now in English and everything works!

I have a error in my current game. I am playing with Ultimatelib and Expansion Pack but this error is from Ultimatlib

Error Uncaught error. Please report this to support@greenheartgames.com: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property ā€˜completeā€™ of undefined (file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Game%20Dev%20Tycoon/mods/UltimateLib/UltimateLib.js:1852) Please restart the game.

Enabled Mods: [ā€œgdt-modAPIā€,ā€œUltimateLibā€,ā€œ1f4a2b2d-c640-414c-a097-9a5e7c446f8cā€]

This keeps happening every time I try to build an R&D Lab. Any way to fix this? Iā€™ve been restarting the game but it hasnā€™t work.

Heya,

You are best of reporting that on the ultimate lib thread here;
http://forum.greenheartgames.com/t/rel-tools-ultimatesuite-ultimatelib-1-3-3/9855

i learned how to mod, from my bf, but when i got out of the practise i just forgot how to do all that

http://www.greenheartgames.com/2014/02/28/game-dev-tycoon-modding-taking/

Maybe this helps :blush:

Iā€™m using the UME (Ultimate Mod Editor) and Iā€™m trying to create a new series of Graphics research items, to do this the second item (80ā€™s Cartoon Shaders V2) needs to have the first item (80ā€™s Cartoon Shaders V1) as a criteria. The problem is that only stock research items are an option when selecting criteria and when I manually input the first item I get a ā€œExpected (ā€ error. Can someone please help?

I use linux.

ā€¦so?

Where do you find the files on windows store version

Game Dev tycoon folder > mods

Not available, sorry.

Hey @Charlie!

Please include a Linux tutorial on installing mods. Iā€™ll PM it to you if you need instructions :stuck_out_tongue:

HELLO there has been an error on my game dev tycoon and I canā€™t play anymore.

I have installed mods and it keeps of saying errors please watch out for it thank you.

1 Like

Nobody will, because youā€™re not saying any information at all; Neither which mods. Unless you post any screenshots, and tell me the mods youā€™re using, personally I, wonā€™t help you.