Move file failed; code 2 during installation

I am trying to update to the latest version of GDT, 1.3.14, and right as it reaches the end of installation the following error pops up.

C:\Program Files (x86)\game Dev Tycoon\GameDevTycoon.exe

An error occurred while trying to rename a file in the destination
directory: MoveFile failed; code 2. The system cannot find the file
specified

Click Retry to try again, Ignore to skip this file (not recommended),
or Abort to cancel installation.

I initially thought this might be due to having forgotten to uninstall the previous version prior to updating, but after uninstalling the problem persists. I am running the install executable as administrator, and have deleted the empty GDT folder from the directory. This problem does not occur when installing the previous version I was using, 1.3.9 .

Do you have any Anti-Virus software running. We had a couple of false positive alarms with Avast recently:

http://forum.greenheartgames.com/t/game-dev-tycoon-and-avast-not-getting-along/6121/10

If you have Avast I suggest you temporarily disable it during installation. It seems the false positive only kicks in while the .exe file is unzipped.

1 Like

It would seem that Avast was indeed the source of the trouble. I had read that it might cause false positives, but expected that if that were the case it would begin screaming at me like it normally does when it feels something is amiss. Thanks for the speedy response, and sorry for my slow one.

have the same problem here and I would otherwise record to youtube is something in dishes

was the same antivirus , thanks man : D