If you could change/improve/add ONE thing in Game Dev Tycoon, what would it be?

being able to make multiple game at the same time

Letā€™s not forget the Gameling Advance SP! (I loved the Gameboy Advance SP as a toddler, I also played Diddy Kongā€™s Quest on it to bits.)

A minor additionā€¦like Infinity Ward making Call of Duty each yearā€¦I think if you want to release a game that has the same genre (Excluding Casual), it should be a year you have to wait between making one, so you just donā€™t get 10 scores and keep making the same genre.

Multiplatform vs exclusives. Console manufacturers should offer you bonuses to make exclusives, and good exclusives should drive console market share. Also, developers should improve stats with experience, not just training.

2 Likes

Add a Research system to improve the quality of a combo (put someone of your team in research for a better mix of Pirate-Strytegy for exemple).

1 Like

Online Multiplayer. 1 vs. 1 Game Developing.
Thatā€™s all that have to be said.

Advanced Console Design

Add more console plans to the designer and make your own case/customisable case for the console

1 Like

The ability to write a small description of the game, that shows in game history.

5 Likes

It would be great to be able to coop with friend/s and create either a company together or a join existing companies.
Divide focus like design, tech, Software R&D, Hardware R&D. Human Resources, Finance :D.

It would be great to have NPC apply for a job.

1 Like

A larger office with 8-16 employees, with the ability to make multiple games at once (probably max of 2-3), could probably charge the user upwards of 100M to move in.

2 Likes

More Custom Consoles, as well as sliders to choose what we want the console to do well with. So, for example, if you spend a lot of time making, say, Adventure and RPGā€™s, you can tune the console to do those well.

Iā€™d also like to see more shapes of console, including some that look like they take cartridges instead of disks. I know, Iā€™m strange, but my biggest disappointment of making the custom console (yeah, I played through it already, sorry, I enjoyed it too much) is that thereā€™s only 4 real designs in a variety of colors. Why canā€™t we get, say, 8 console designs, each with 3 color choices? Also, wouldnā€™t mind seeing an ability to pick the console frame and the controller separately. Extra customization and all that.

2 Likes

I would like multiplayer to be included in the game. This is a topic I have created about it CLICK HERE

1 Like

i would like to see the ability to make games for multiple platforms so i mean make one game the is for PC, Mbox next, Playsystem 4, and custom console ) without having to make it all separate(even if that means the game will take longer to make (which makes sense) it would be nice to have that ability. Instead of making just about every game Exclusive to _ system.

2 Likes

If I were to add one thing in GDT, itā€™d probably be a advanced options for creative people. Like create the logo for their company, their game art, more sliders for game development, and stuff like that.

6 Likes

i like that idea it is a really good one

Donā€™t know if already suggested but; you could maybe make flash & free2play games? And I would also hope that game dev tycoon would have graphics settings because my game gets really slow on the third level.

Edit: Also maybe you could make fps games and make pre order possibilty for games youre working on?

Add the option to create a tournament from my games and also the ability to create a MOBA (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena)

Add the option to customize what genres your console is perfect/not best with.

Extended MMO management.
for more information see More Options for GameDev!

Have the tech actually mean something. Steering wheel for racing games, not for games or (especially) platforms that canā€™t possibly use it. When I learned that it was inconsequential that a steering wheel vs. a mouse (etc) be usedā€¦ I pretty much stopped playing.