Multiplayer Ideas and what can be included

They should add Early Access for people who have bought the game.

I don’t really think we need a Dev Tycoon 2 its just hit steam and its going very well. The patch updates can keep the game running for such a long time. Especially with a community like this we will have a non stop stream of great ideas until they perfect this game and then realese a new one with a much better design xD

No we don’t need it NOW.

But they would have to change a lot just to add multiplayer. Maybe they want to beef up the graphics too, and add tons of other stuff discussed on the forum. They may have to write a brand new engine, for all we know.

We’re talking months, maybe years of coding, testing and debugging. And they’re just two guys on their first published game.

But that’s what makes Early Access great - you can follow the game from Alpha State to the finished product.

I absolutely do not expect to see such major changes to this version of the game. I do however expect a sequel.

In my opinion, competeing against other game companies that is AI should replace multiplayer.

I think there should be both of the options AI if you want of course, but there should be an option of you competing against someone.

That would be too much work and maintenance to verse someone…

That is why I believe this should be in the Future, when the company grows and can support such a thing.

1 Like

Just as someone made that GDT Calculator, there also must be someone out there able to an online matching tool.

1 Like

Hopefully someone can make the multiplayer :smile: because I really want to play with people and start up a company that is supported. So if I make a mistake I will have someone to back me up

The multiplayer I am wanting to see is that 4 players start at Year 1 in the game and they must hurry to develop good games. Messages would appear when a player releases a game showing their company name, game name, and average score for the game. The players would then have a certain amount of years to get the most profit of everyone else. The games players release also affect how well your game does so it’s smart to wait for the right time to release your game. Players could also make deals and develop a game together to make a bigger and better game. At least, that is what I am wanting to see.

I don’t think it should be just about the most profit, because making money in the game is very easy, but having quality games is much harder.

How about the highest average game score. Like 7.5 or 8.25 or stuff like that.

As in bundle all the game scores into one average.

There is a whole lot in the game that will determine the quality of the games, which is much more complicated then just the review score.
I will not post them here, because they might spoil the game for people.

It should not be about the profit and the reviews only all of the other factors added up together who makes the most money who has the best reviews who made the best blah blah etc. Once these are all averaged or added up then you can find out the winner. Read my original post to see what some of them are. The original post also says this :slight_smile:

Tell me…what is the difference between facing people and actual AI? With actual AI, you know you are going to have a game compared to multiplayer where everyone cuts out every 10 minutes.

2 Likes

True. I wouldn’t mind an AI competition mode where you’re dealing with 3 other game companies. After all, Multiplayer doesn’t work too well for people like me who want to play for 4 to 8 hours at random times in the day.

See…with AI, you can play anytime you want and I personally think its better.

I agree on this, my playthroughs always are split up in sections of playing.

1 Like

Yes AI would be super, but with most games with a Multiplayer comes the AI they go together. This is what I was thinking when I made the post. AI has the same rules as multiplayer but not a real person. I will add this right now into the main post.

Added it to the list as number 7