German translation

Put them on my ToDo-List

On this message “Industry Report” is not translated

In point 3 and 4 of this Game Report are some things not translated (“Platform genre-match”, “Casual” and “Platform-audience-match”)

New Topic is not translated
And after selecting one other element the costs of New topic changed from 10 UP to 10 RP

Thanks for the feedback, we will look into this :smile:

“Casual” is not translated, because in German the genre/topic is also called so.

Some untranslated strings are under investigation, because in the weblate file they are translated.

But I will keep a closer look onto this.

Eine Frage: Sollte es nicht ‘Forschung beginnen’ sein anstatt ‘Beginne Forschung’ und sollte man das ‘du’ in ‘Was willst du erforschen?’ nicht kleinschreiben?

Irgendwie scheint da etwas mit “du” und “Du” durcheinander gekommen zu sein.

Ich schreib mir das jetzt ganz oben auf die Liste.

Hopefully with the update on the 18/11/13 these issues should be fixed. Can you please advise if any remain?

This message box remains untranslated

“AusgewĂ€hlte Features” overlaps with the costs, espacially if they get higher.

The name of the Finish button in the tutorial differs from the actual translation.

New strings translated.

The duplicated strings are untranslated again. so I left them blank.
Maybe they cause the untranslated strings within the German language beta

Strings 1426 to 1428 are fuzzy, because I’m not sure about the perfect style in German langauge

@Charlie @PatrickKlug @DanielKlug
Did some work on the German translation:

• Fuzzy strings, are now reedited. Thanks to @wiedemax for his suggestions.
  • Reworked the Nigerian scam massage, to fit more a real scam mail.
  • Edited several strings to fit into the ingame design. Thanks to @gunnar for his pictures and suggestions
  • Corrected some typos. Thanks to all contributors.
  • Still issues with untranslated strings, because they’re duplicated. Weblate can’t save them probably and lock the translation

Es gibt 1417 Zeichenketten, davon 100,0% ĂŒbersetzte sowie 0,0% unscharfe. Es gibt 17708 Wörter, davon sind 100,0% (17708) ĂŒbersetzt.

Greetings Hyphon

2 Likes

I think @DanielKlug solved this in the code. even though they show up as untranslated they should be re-using the already existing translations in game.

1 Like

@PatrickKlug So I don’t have to translate them again and again after every source update?

@Hyphon I’ve changed the translation in game. That means the duplicated, untranslated strings are not needed anymore. I’ll remove them from the translation page to reduce the effort.

1 Like

Thank you Daniel. That helps me, to finish changes earlier.

Sorry for the double post. My mobile device has problems with the forum.

FYI:
I was in the hospital again. I’m now released, but it seems that my epilepsy is getting worse. Actually my doctor tries to figure out what’s the cause of my epileptic fits.

So please be patient if some translation needing more time than usual.

1 Like

Hi @Charlie @DanielKlug @PatrickKlug!

Can someone of you ad a source description to the new strings 1422 to 1425?
Hard to translate them, if I don’t know when they appear and how they are used.
Seems to be ingame interactions, but could also be somethig of the UI of the patch support

@Hyphon

‘Patch complete’ is the text that animates up from a character when they finish developing a patch.

The others are all used on buttons when deciding how to react to a event. The event is the one where you can decide what to do with an old engine (Give it away, Sell it, Refuse)

1 Like

@Hyphon
Wollte nur mal eben ein großes Dankeschön aussprechen. Zwar beherrsche ich die englische Sprache weitesgehend, fĂŒr einen gemĂŒtlichen GDT-Abend prĂ€feriere ich jedoch die Muttersprache. DiesbezĂŒglich hat man wirklich das GefĂŒhl, dass bei GHG bzw. GDT null Stillstand herrscht. Und das finde ich einfach ĂŒberragend.
Da du ja viel MĂŒhe und Arbeit fĂŒr lau (?) hineinsteckst, gebĂŒhrt dir hiermeit mein Dank.
Das geht natĂŒrlich auch an die, die ebenfalls mitwirken!

For everyone who’s interested:
I’d like to say thanks to Hyphon for his work to translate the game. I have command of English, but I prefer my native language for a comfy evening with GTD. The sense for the work in progress is really awesome.
Also thanks to the other translators.

This game is worth much more than any AAA titles. I can’t wait for another games from GHG.
Maybe I’ll help to translate then.

Cheers!

3 Likes

@PatrickKlug: Thanks a lot (again.) I had the patch event just two or three times since I play GDT that I forgot how it works.

@Jaiden: Ich danke dir!

Einer der wenigen Spieler(innen), die sich fĂŒr meine Arbeit bedanken. Aber mein Beitrag ist relativ gering, da schon im Vorfeld viele Leute VorschlĂ€ge gemacht haben, die ich einfach nur ĂŒbernehmen musste. Ohne die Menschen die VorschlĂ€ge eingereicht haben, andere Moderatoren und dazu Patrick und Daniel, die bei jedem Problem helfen wo sie können, wĂ€re ich nicht mal halb so weit!

Ich mache die Übersetzung tatsĂ€chlich in meiner Freizeit und das auf freiwilliger Basis, ohne Bezahlung.

Wie heißt es so schön in einem Achievement bei GDT? “UnterstĂŒtze ein junges Start-Up Unternehmen!” :wink:

English:

I have to thank you.

You are one of the few players, who appreciate my work in the public. But my part of the translation is small. I just accepted suggestions from the contributors. Without the people, that submitted suggestions, the other moderators and Patrick and Daniel, who really helped me how far they can, I never be halfway through the translation.

I really do the translation in my spare time, on a voluntary basis, without any payment.

How is it said in a achievement in GDT? “Support a young start-up!” :wink:

3 Likes

@PatrickKlug @DanielKlug @Charlie:

Finished untranslated strings so far. Sorry for the delay.

Changelog English:

Changes (7th December 2013):

• Translated untranslated strings
  • Altered some strings, to fix some errors in translations (WIP)
  • Fixed some typos (WIP)
  • Checked strings with personal speech to fix errors with uppercase and lowercase (WIP)
  • Checked strings with personal speech to fix problems with “Du” und “Sie” (WIP)

Changelog Deutsch:

Änderungen (7. Dezember 2013):

• UnĂŒbersetzte Strings ĂŒbersetzt
  • Strings geĂ€ndert um Fehler in der Übersetzung zu beheben (In Arbeit)
  • Rechtschreibfehler behoben (In Arbeit)
  • Strings mit persönlicher Anrede auf Groß- und Kleinschreibung geprĂŒft und Fehler behoben (In Arbeit)
  • Strings mit persönlicher Anrede auf Probleme mit “Du” und “Sie” geprĂŒft und Fehler behoben (In Arbeit)

As you see there is still some work to do.

I would like to ask the contributors to add me, with checking for typo’s, problems with personal speech.
Thanks in advance.

Hyphon

2 Likes

@Hyphon Great work!

A friend who does professional translations just has time this week to go over and ‘normalize’ the translations. She will look into consistency of style as well as the content and contextual things.

I think it’s a great opportunity to make sure that all strings have a similar quality. Long story short, we will go over all of the translations this week and then update as necessary. It will probably be best to freeze the translations in the meanwhile.

We will update the translations once that’s done and of course the current moderators can veto changes or adjust anything after this has happened.