German translation

If nothing unexpected happens this evening, I’ll finish the last translations today. Additional I will rebuild the German glossary and check all strings, translated before I joined as moderator.

I want to thank all contributers, who send their translations and share their thoughts on how to translate the particular strings.

Translation finished… German is at 100%/100%

In German:

Es gibt 1407 Zeichenketten, davon 100,0% übersetzte sowie 0,0%
unscharfe. Es gibt 17631 Wörter, davon sind 100,0% (17631) übersetzt.

In English:

There are 1407 strings, out of which 100.0% is translated and 0.0% is
fuzzy. There are 17631 words, out of which 100.0% (17631) is
translated.

hi,

thank you very much for your nice and hard work. hyphon you are the best :smiley:
but is it not in steam? i cant downloaded the german (beta) only russian and portugese i think.
i hope they did install the language… thx sorry for my bad english. nice weekend and hyphon you made my weekend. :smiley:

@Charlie @DanielKlug @PatrickKlug

After all I made one decision to turn one string back to fuzzy.
That’s not because he’s questionable or wrong.

It’s the greeting from Daniel and Patrick. I think I should give them the opportunity to correct this special translation themselves, because IMHO this message is something personal. Right from them to us.

Both have the rights to edit, demark it as fuzzy or rewrite it.
That is the only string I want them to take a personal look on.

[EDIT]
I saw in an other thread, that Charlie asked for the Names of top contributers/moderators.

On this way I want to call everyone of the contributers of the German translation to write me a PM, containing their name at the Weblate and if they want to be named with a nickname and which one.

Also I want to ask Charlie, if it’s possible to send some special thanks or greetings from me to my family. My wife and my 2 daughter’s miss me sometimes, if I start to translate GDT or TOM. So I want to honor their patience.

@Hyphon Thanks! Daniel or Patrick will let me know when they have got the beta ready for testing and I will post here.

Hoffe das man bald das Spiel auf deutsch spielen kann… denn mein Englisch ist nicht gerade das beste :frowning:

@TeddyT Wie Charlie schon schrieb, wird es hier bekannt gegeben, wenn die Beta online geht.

Allerdings ist es dann noch Beta. Das heißt, ich werde noch ein bisschen rumschrauben müssen.
Ich bin aber für konstruktive Kritik und Feedback offen, Auch jetzt noch in Form von Übersetzungsvorschlägen.

In English:

As Charlie wrote the beta will announced as soon it’s ready and online.

But it’s just a beta. That means, I’m always open to suggestions and feedback. Even now as kind of translation suggestions.

Chris a.k.a. Hyphon

Ok Guys, the German translation is live for testing! :clap:

This is how it will work;
-Restart your steam client.
-Right click on Game Dev Tycoon in your steam library.
-Go to properties, beta’s, select your language
-After that select the German as beta build. Your game should get updated after that.

Please start a new game to test otherwise some strings may remain in English.

Only on Steam?

Beta-testing is only on Steam for a number of reasons but the major reason is that Steam makes it super-easy to opt-in to a beta and for us to manage releases and retire a beta once it’s tested.

After the beta release the languages will of course be released outside of Steam as well.

Steam want to have a BetaKey?

no you just need the game and have to do what Charlie said

1 Like

As @GDI121 said. You just need to own the game on Steam and follow the instructions i gave above.

@PatrickKlug I know you are super busy, but can you take yourself a look on string 1416 - Your greetings to the players?
Thanks in advance.

Oh god, still a lot of work… 10 minutes and nearly a page (DIN A4) is full of typos, layout problems…

Hi, I have followed the instructions from Charlie.
Unfortunately, it works with the German beta not, it is also English and when I start a new game.
Can someone help me, please?

Ingame go to “Options” and set to German. Restart the game afterwards

Unfortunately, you can not.
Have a MacBook Pro, maybe it is up to the MacBook?

Dont know

i had to apply the Beta and change language ingame

With me you can not select a language.
Can you take a Screenshot?

Windows Steam Version:

Imgur Link:
Image on Imgur