[Game] Hardware Tycoon

could take a look at his youtube channel left a message in his latest video answer me please

Today? :smiley:

Yup.

The stream starts really soon!

@Gamingthrou
@Today

ā€¦ thats it. Wow, such people.

lol

da stream is over :frowning:

Update: Log

So, to make it easier for modders to detect errors and players to report errors I have added an advanced logging mechanism. Iā€™m really going slow with this game for now, only because I want to make everything perfect. As Iā€™ve mentioned before, the game will be Open-Source only with a certain limitation. This means that the code should be good and understandable. The biggest problem I have is comments. I forget to make comments all the time, soā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue: I will provide you with a small video of my progress soon.

Thanks for being patient! Not that you can demand anything, this game is free :stuck_out_tongue:

I just realized that the ā€œsigning for alphaā€ is closed.
D:
And. The art tho

I am waiting for the game, hopefully you will finish it somedayā€¦

Update

This time around itā€™s going incredibly smoothly. I got around to adding Noesis Javascript and VLC .NET, so yay!

To make it simpler to incorporate audio etc. to the game, I decided to create classes for every action. Example:

• Audio
  • Company
  • Save

and many more. This will make it simple to load and write saves, (and change the saving mechanism) considering everything is done using a single object instead of a bunch of variables. The code this time around is extremely clean, and Iā€™m very proud of it! Iā€™m trying to comment as much as possible, but hey :stuck_out_tongue: Its easy to forget in the rush. Iā€™ve also decided that I will use the normal Windows borders for the launcher, just because I dont want to handle the exiting. I figured Microsoft got that handled :wink:

Iā€™ve updated my imaginary mod API documentation with:

(ā€œObjectsā€ will have to be instantiated, ā€œClassesā€ are static)

Save Object:

.money (int)

.followers (int)

.year (int)

.month (int)

.week (int)

.day (int)

SaveFile Class:

Save loadSaveFile(string saveName)

void writeSaveFile(string companyName, Image logo, int money, int year, int month, int week, int day, string saveName)

Audio Object:
(has a constructor with the ā€œaudioFileā€ parameter. Simply a string with the audio file. It will only look in the ā€œAudioā€ folder of the game.)

void Start(bool loop)

void Stop()

Only with .wav files, will look into expanding it later.

Log Class:

void PushLog(string msg)

void ShowLog()

Andā€¦ yeah! That should be it.

4 Likes

+1
(Kill me. Why? Because Google!)

You didnā€™t even :green_heart: my postā€¦ Traitor!

I think that normal ā€œconsumerā€ wonā€™t care about thatā€¦
lols

hey, guys. This guy thinks heā€™s a ā€œnormalā€ consumer. lol

I didnā€™t what?

I ainā€™t no a consumerā€¦
I donā€™t have the game yetā€¦

Guess why? I havent released it yet.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Thank you.

I had no clue a 13 year old was making this game intel a little Scottish/British kid started cussing in a video on him making the game launcher man i actually thought you were 16-18 because of how awesome this game looks!

2 Likes

Thanks!

@SnowyOwl
Iā€™m sure he will be a pro PC guy in the future

1 Like

In the ā€œfutureā€!? Are you implying Iā€™m not pro as it stands!?