Error. Please help

hey, so I haven’t played in a while. I relised that my mods would be out of date, so i un-subscribed to all of them. Now, i have this error.
TypeError: Cannot read property ‘isCustom’ of null
at Object.PlatformsSerializer.save (file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Game%20Dev%20Tycoon/compressed/codeNw.js:1710:174)
at eval (file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Game%20Dev%20Tycoon/compressed/codeNw.js:217:520)
at Array.map (native)
at a.save (file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Game%20Dev%20Tycoon/compressed/codeNw.js:217:477)
at Object.b.save (file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Game%20Dev%20Tycoon/compressed/codeNw.js:79:499)
at Object.b.autoSave (file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Game%20Dev%20Tycoon/compressed/codeNw.js:85:198)
at Window.eval (file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Game%20Dev%20Tycoon/compressed/codeNw.js:153:84)
at Window.EventEmitter.emit (events.js:92:17)
at Window.init.Window.handleEvent (window_bindings.js:148:13)
at IDWeakMap.global.__nwObjectsRegistry.handleEvent (node.js:789:26)
Please Help!

Also, I have deleted all content and verified the cache multiple times.

You have to create a new savefile, mods corrupt them very often. More information is available if you search through the forum using the magnifier glass in the upper right corner :slight_smile:

2 Likes

thanks for the speedy reply, but now i get an even better error:
Error AlertError Uncaught error. Please report this to support@greenheartgames.com: Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected end of input (file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Game%20Dev%20Tycoon/defaultBrowser.html:0) Please restart the game.Enabled Mods:No mods activated.Game Version: 1.5.16Platform: WindowsDistribution: Steam
EDIT: restarted the game as suggested in the error and got this:
Error AlertError Uncaught error. Please report this to support@greenheartgames.com: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘isCustom’ of null (file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Game%20Dev%20Tycoon/compressed/codeNw.js:1060) Please restart the game.Enabled Mods:No mods activated.Game Version: 1.5.16Platform: WindowsDistribution: Steam

Use the search function :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have no idea where to start. I cry. could you please send me a link to a relevant forum please. i have looked. i also deleted my save files and all my mods and gave it a fresh install. will edit this soon with results
EDIT: yet again, im having another error. this is plain annoying. i’ve deleted every file that even has the letter g in in it pretty much. error:
Error AlertError Uncaught error. Please report this to support@greenheartgames.com: Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected end of input (file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Game%20Dev%20Tycoon/defaultBrowser.html:0) Please restart the game.Enabled Mods:No mods activated.Game Version: 1.5.12Platform: WindowsDistribution: Steam

i’m done. ive had one proper responses from a dev? i think. but that did not work, and the other response was to search for something i have no idea about. i would recommend that you improve on that.

Now you’re being rude. I am not a developer, simply a player who wants to help you. If you use the magnifying glass you will see a million topics, would you please take a look at those?

Hey.

Your original errors were caused by removing mods from an active save game.
You will find this thread very helpful:

As soon as you started and saved a new game the previous errors were solved.
The ‘default browser’ error is a known issue and really is nothing to worry about. You can close the box with the ‘x’ and continue playing. We are still investigating this issue but unfortunately it only seems to happen on the very first start and we are unable to reproduce it. Once you have created and saved a new game this error should not reappear.

I have a problem like this and i could not solve it. I sent an e-mail to greenheart and I never receive an answer. Terrible support

Uncaught node.js Error

TypeError: undefined is not a function
at Object.d.saveToSlotAsync (file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Game%20Dev%20Tycoon/compressed/codeNw.js:120:29)
at Object.k.saveToSlotAsync (file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Game%20Dev%20Tycoon/compressed/codeNw.js:123:252)
at Object.b.save (file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Game%20Dev%20Tycoon/compressed/codeNw.js:84:503)
at Object.b.autoSave (file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Game%20Dev%20Tycoon/compressed/codeNw.js:89:198)
at Window.eval (file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Game%20Dev%20Tycoon/compressed/codeNw.js:159:84)
at Window.EventEmitter.emit (events.js:92:17)
at Window.init.Window.handleEvent (window_bindings.js:148:13)
at IDWeakMap.global.__nwObjectsRegistry.handleEvent (node.js:789:26)