Black Screen after Start but game is still running

Hi,

a few month´s ago i played the game for a while.
Today i i updated the game (loading the exe from my email i got when i bought the game) and when i start i got a black screen. The game is running (i can hear the music an even the mouse cursor switches to the hand an i can click something and so on) but the screen stay´s black.

Tried a new install, run in safe mode (white screen bug), disconnect my internet connection.
So please help me, don´t know what to do…

PS: Is it possible to get an old exe file? Because these ones running fine (two months ago ;))
PS²: Sry for my bad english :wink:

Hey,

It could well be your AV is blocking the game, Norton, Virgin Media, Bitdefender and Avast are the main ones to watch for.

Try following the info in this thread here;
http://forum.greenheartgames.com/t/solutions-anti-virus-false-positives-eg-avast-norton-bitdefender/6124

I forgot…i deactivate my Antivir Programm and still didn´t work.
Anyway im not sure if the antivir is the prob because it didn´t message me that it block sth.

I would suggest adding an exception to your AV anyway as many AV programs have many functions that continue to run even when disabled.

Also can you please confirm the version number of Game Dev Tycoon that you are using?

I completely disabled my antivir but still doesnt work.
I think i wait for the steam release and see what happens.

What do you mean which version number!? As i write in my first post i updated the game by donwloading again the files from my verification email. Version should be 1.3.2 i think.

You actually could find the version number on the pause screen. (ESC)

If your version is still 1.3.2 I would suggest you download the game again and update it. Game Dev Tycoon is currently running on 1.3.14 and 1.4.0 is coming out this Thursday.

Please update your game to the current version as this will help this issue!

If you are experiencing any problems with the most up to date version please let us know so we can examine the issue.

1.3.14 - Windows
1.3.14 - Mac
1.3.13 - Linux

Please download from your original download link email. If you don’t have it anymore contact orders@fastspring.com

If you ordered Through Windows Store you can update by visiting the updates page on that site.

Or alternatively you can hang fire till the 29th-ish for your Steam key!

I have version 1.3.14 and am having the same problem. Anti-virus is deactivated. I can hear the music but no picture.

Same issue, can hear sound/music, but no video. If I disable my dedicated video card and use the integrated GPU the video does work, but is very low FPS. Video card is Radeon HD 8970M.

I had the same problem. I contacted support once but they couldnt fix it either. How I fixed is I disabled my nVidia graphics card and opened it with Intel HD Graphics. It solved the problem.

The most likely cause of this is an outdated or incompatible display driver. I suggest you check if there is an update for your graphic card drivers available. The Windows Even Log might also hold some more clues.

Just downloaded the game on steam and start. Problem still exists…music is there and the screen stays black :confused:

Please check that you are using the latest stable display drivers (Not beta drivers).

Sorry i forgot…drivers are no beta drivers and on the possibly newest version.

Edit: Just completely uninstall my antivir to check if the black screen still is there and it is. Helps not for me :confused:

i have the same problem i have black screen and hear sound i can play the demo game but i cant play the normal game on steam what can i do ? i have did all the things with my norton av

I’ve spent the afternoon troubleshooting this issue. I tested all of these solutions including setting properties on the executable. None of that worked. All it was for me was Nvidia drivers. When I tried installing the newer ones, I didn’t notice at first, but they didn’t completely install. I had to remove the old ones first, then install the new ones again. After that no issues.

Thank you thank you thank you @wagenman

I completely remove the drivers and installed the same driver again and now the game is running :slight_smile:

TBH nothing has helped me still nothing but music in the background and black screen.
-disable antivir
-reinstall the game with adding an exception with disable antivir
-reinstall the game with adding an exception with disable antivir with reinstaling graphic drivers
I just bought game at steam and i can’t even play. Business of my life… I regreet this like hell :angry:

Hi, sorry to hear about that. Are you on a laptop? If you are then please switch from the AMD/Nvidia onto to the Intel. The issue should then be resolved. Please let me know if you need further assistance.