What types of mods would you like to use in Game Dev Tycoon?

Greenheart gave us a little hint saying they’re going to allow modding in the near future. Coming from other gamers, what types of mods are you going to create/use in the game?

1 Like

Anything that involves adding more customization to the game such as more options when making your own console to even making your own box art…

If you* can dream it, they can build it.

:b:

5 Likes

Uploading your own music soundtrack

2 Likes

Making descriptions to games - i’d love it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Great ideas guys :smile:

change textures and Descriptions of Consoles & levels , more Levels , and adding new consoles

2 Likes

It’s hard to pick what I’d do. I’d probably first get a mod, if someone would make this, that would add a cheat menu where I can just +100k and prevent myself from so commonly going bankrupt, but I’d also install a mod that’d add new offices, more projects, maybe other skills, and upgrades for research points, and another thing to add points, like maybe a new “Enjoy-ability” point thing, or maybe more ways to market your game, instead of just large campaigns and small campaigns, etc. I’d also like in a mod something where you could, for instance, make an online funding campaign similar to kickstarter or indiegogo and there’s a chance for it to fail or succeed.

Just ideas, both for the game and for mods.

3 Likes

start in 70s so their is arcades and atari :smile:

5 Likes

Create your own PC’s or start back in 1980 “Atari and Mattel ages” and maybe even go as far as designing your own merchandise to market my game. (Posters, PReviews, trailers, ETC.)

2 Likes

Cheat Mod. That’s All.

2 Likes

The ability to star at different time periods, for example starting the game in 1990 0r 2000 rather then 1980

2 Likes

Making A Portable Console and PC

2 Likes

This !!! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

If there was an option to develop the OS then it would make sense. Otherwise making a PC-based platform is stupid.

1 Like

1970s start, more consoles, ability to release sequels much earlier on.

1 Like

lol could you imagine an option, ‘YouTube Campaign’

I was about to make a topic “What mod will you make?” when i just saw this.

If I knew how to make mods/program I’d definitely start. But I don’t have a clue about programming, but I am an expert at Photoshop and graphic customization.

Hey @Benshannaboy since you are an expert on photoshopping could you please help me out on this mod? (Real names mod) If you are interested we could discuss on messages.

What do you need help with?