[WIP][REL] National Bank [0.3.0]

This mod is no longer under development. I highly advise you to use the Financial Services mod as it contains more features than this mod.

hsGmO.jpg
This mod implements a National Bank where you can open a savings account on which you will receive quarterly interest. [Still in development]

Features

• Savings account: Put your money on your savings account and receive quarterly interest!
  • Loan money from the bank!

Image(s)s
Menu (0.1.0)
Menu (0.2.0)
(Only image so far, nothing else too show).

Changelog
Added the ability to loan money from the bank! You may only loan up to the same amount as your current funds (bank + cash)

Added a button to increase or decrease 10% of your bank account in the input field.
Small UI tweaks
Fixed a bug where you could input a negative number to receive cash with a deposit and vice verse with withdrawals

Inititial release

Known Bugs

• None

Planned features

• Random events that will change the interest rate

Availability
This mod is available through the Steam Workshop. You can also download it here (0.2.0).
This mod does not require UltimateLib.

4 Likes

Is it me or big mods are starting to show up?
Good work!

1 Like

I wouldn’t really call this big seeing as it only has 1 (small) feature, though I guess it’s still in development and will get bigger eventually. I’ll take the compliment(?) though :slight_smile:

1 Like

It adds a custom nice UI. Major feature. You can add/substract money. Big feature. I’m done.

1 Like

Hey @Pastract, I quickly took a look at the code of this, because I saw you were using the number input. This has a flaw though, because it does not check if the value you entered is a valid one.

For example:
I was able to enter a negative value as my depost and get the amount added to my bank account, and the same goes for withdrawing (as long as the amount I want to withdraw is greater than my cash).

I like the idea, although I would suggest locking the bar itself, and adding 2 additional buttons next to it to increase/decrease with a certain amount.

Like I said, I like the idea, but these are my suggestions to make the mod less buggy ^^

2 Likes

Listen to @DzjengisKhan he’s good in these stuff!

I had not even thought of that haha. Thanks for the heads up on this one! :wink:

I like your suggestion on adding a small button(s) to increase/decrease with a certain amount. Will definitely look into that! :slight_smile:

No problem man :smiley:

Here’s a little screenshot how I used it for competitormod :smile: Maybe it gives you an idea how it would/can look ^^

The default value of the input is a certain % of your cash (or bank account in your case), that way later on in the game it’s easier to deposit/withdraw large amounts :smiley:

1 Like

I’ve pushed out a new version. (0.2.0). It includes a necasarry bugfix (thanks @DzjengisKhan for the heads up), added a button to increase or decrease the input with 10% based on your bank balance (basically what @DzjengisKhan suggested) and a small UI tweak. I’ll upload 0.2.0 for the standalone download now, so be a little patient. The workshop has already been updated.

Image:

2 Likes

I have updated this to 0.3.0. I’ve added the ability to loan money from the bank - you may only loan up to the same amount as your current funds (bank + cash), however. The Steam Workshop version has been updated, I’ll update the standalone download and add (an) image(s) tomorrow.

I’m open for suggestions, people! Feel like something needs to be added? Tell me about it!

1 Like

I like this idea! Good job!

1 Like

You should override the bankruptcy events and the “account overdraw” thingy, so that it goes through your mod. Then you can add a credit limit in the bank which you can raise by repaying loans, etc. Shouldn’t be too hard. :slight_smile:

That’s a good idea! Thanks! :smile:

@kristof1104 thanks! :slight_smile: