[wip] Impatience Mod

For impatient people.

What v0.02 does:
-settings menu integration (settings don’t persist; must be set each time you load the game for now. also, ignore the news setting, that’s still a wip)
-fix crash at final score window

What it does:
-removes modal animations (they now pop up instantly)
-removes game conference modal entirely (you still get the results modal)
-removes review modal entirely (instead it brings up the game history, which shows avg score)
-removes typewriter effect entirely

I’ll put it on workshop in a week or so if there’s nothing wrong with it.

7 Likes

WHAT IS A MODAL? Please, just tell me, what is a modal? I need to know.

2 Likes

best
mod
ever.

A modal is a dialog (popup) that forces you to interact with it before it goes away.

Wow, thanks! I got so glad when I saw a non-UME mod :smiley:

1 Like

Oh. I thought you were just misspelling “model.” Nevermind!

Cool mod! Unfortunatly, I don’t have the time to see if you failed something :smile:

Did a full playthrough to test the mod. It seems I’ve broken the final score window. :smile: Everything else works okay, but I’ll be working on fixing that and adding some new features for release.

plans:
-menu integration
-de-modal-ization of platform news

hopes:
-unlock all hints button
-“unfinish” game button (to go back and fix bugs if you clicked too early)
-trash game early button (for when you picked the wrong genre/audience/platform/topic)

2 Likes

Unlock all hints is already in the CheatMod…

Yes, but I want to have it too. :wink:

“Mum!! I want unlock all hints too!!!”

1 Like

Exactly.

After looking at how kristoff did it, I think I might just make a ‘cheatmod lite’ for personal use and not include unlock hints in this mod, though.

Did you figure out the end game problem you had?

Yes. I’ll post the new version once I have menu integration working.

new version above.

If anyone knows how to make mod settings persistent without ultimatelib, I’d love to know. :smiley:

GameManager.getDataStore("myMod").mySaveSetting = "Biscuits";

mod API made is sound like I was supposed to use

GDT.getDataStore("myMod").settings["mySaveSetting"] = "Biscuits";

It might be GDT class instead, but getDataStore returns an object which gets written to the save file.

Awesome, can I use your new code as well? I am giving you credit for anything I use.

Also, it doesn’t save, when I click yes in the options and quick the game it is reset to no when I start the game again.

One more thing, is it possible to put the options in a new tab instead of all in one big option tab?

Yes, use whatever you like. Credit is not necessary. Consider everything I submit open and free.

I’m having problems with saving right now. v0.03 will fix that.

UltimateLib has some great functionality for adding settings tabs. However, this mod doesn’t use UltimateLib. Maybe I’ll decide it’s necessary in the future, but not yet.