[wip] Impatience Mod

Awesome :smiley:

Let me know when 0.3 is out :smiley:

Hey!

If you are interested, please post your mod on http://nanonical.com/wp/?forum=modifications/game-dev-tycoon :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Are you still working on this mod?

Yes, but I still haven’t found a solution for the mod settings persistence issue @PatrickKlug so for now I’m just working on the platform news suppression.

GDT.getDataStore("MyMod").settings.mySetting = "Cake Biscuit";

That doesn’t work.

Loading the game after doing that, there’s an object with the same id as the mod in DataStore.settings.modData but it’s empty.

edit: details

I didn’t understand. When doing that, you can then retrieve it by doing the exact same thing just not settings but getting it.

The problem I’m having is persistence. That is, the settings work just fine, that’s never been the problem. but they literally don’t write to disk with the rest of the datastore. They just vanish when you close the game.

Just use some YML library for node then, that guarantees it :slight_smile:

That is good to know :smiley: I been trying this myself with some of my settings in my expansion pack mod :smiley:

Man, I guess I found a bug, or its just incompatibility with a mod.
When I activate this mod, everything is in slow-mo. The time, bubble animation, everything. Weeks now take 8 seconds to go, not 4 seconds. And, even if I DEACTIVATE it, still everything in slo-mo. Mod List:

• Financial Services
  • UltimateLib
  • ExtendedGDT
  • CheatMod
  • CompetitorMod
  • DLC Mod
  • InfoStats Module

EDIT
I just discovered that when a week passes, the game crash. So I just screwed my save :confused:

try the number buttons on your keyboard, pressing 2 should speed it to regular speed